Location: Irvine CA
Company Name: Sunrun
Occupational Category: 41-4012.00,Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
As the nation’s largest residential Solar company, Sunrun is on a mission to transform our energy system into the modern and sustainable grid of the future while making clean, renewable energy, accessible to all residential households. To realize this vision, Sunrun is partnering with key equipment and service suppliers and developing advanced solutions and services designed to reinvent the way people power their homes.
For the past couple of years Sunrun has been active in developing the New Homes space as to enable our company to capitalize on the upcoming 2020 California Solar mandate. As the No.1 home solar and home storage provider in the US, Sunrun is well positioned to obtain a leading position in New Homes. In an effort to drive exponential growth we are actively looking to hire a sales leader for our New Homes team focused on customer growth and building a best in class sales team. As a key member of our management team and an important contributor to Sunrun’s business, you'll closely collaborate with sales, project operations, and field operations as well as other passionate business leaders.
If you are a sales professional closely connected in the New Homes industry, execution oriented, passionate about solar and motivated by solving one of the biggest and most critical challenges of our time, then we say bring it on.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As an energetic sales leader you will identify, contact, pitch and close key homebuilders across the USA with a clear initial focus in California. You will
• Focus personally on the top 30 California homebuilders and leverage your existing relationships with builders’ purchasing, sales, operations and senior management; facilitate relationships with Sunrun executives where needed.
• Attract and build a best in class sales team able to scale with business
• Hit the road and constantly call on your builder relationships to open doors for Sunrun. Present the Sunrun New Homes Program, products and solutions with the primary purpose of winning new business and signing-up new communities.
• Develop our sales strategy and 2 year sales plan inclusive of organization structure. Win alignment on plan with New Homes management and set clear metrics and objectives for the sales team. Develop the sales process to track and monitor leads and wins.
• Partner with Sales and Project Operations to ensure that all customer opportunities are driven to community award. Facilitate a clear and effective interface.
• Clearly identify builder and market requirements and clearly communicate such requirements to New Homes management. Collaborate on defining product and service solutions and impact on Sunrun sales and contribution margin. Improve Sunrun’s market offering and gain competitive advantage.
• Take a critical look at processes to identify and define areas where we can drive operational efficiencies to support growth, increase margin and improve the customer experience.
• Be the main face of Sunrun to the builders. Set the standard for excellent customer service and monitor this on a quarterly or semi-annually basis via a NPS survey.
• Create interest in Sunrun’s solar program and secure high level sales meetings. Understand and address the builders’ solar requirements and objections.
• Communicate proactively, follow-up, follow-through and build the basis for a lasting, trusting relationships with the homebuilders.
• You are results oriented with a track record of meeting or exceeding your commitments. You are capable and understand the importance of accurate forecasting. You deliver and own your numbers.
• You are very well connected in the CA home building industry. You have a track record of attending industry events, and industry association activities.
• You are a great leader with a proven track record in building successful organizations.
• You think ahead, foresee possible risks and take clear actions to course correct.
• You understand the importance and function of varying audiences. You are succinct, able to distill complicated material into an understandable message. You can deliver that message with confidence, clearly articulated either verbally or in writing.
• You are confident and extremely adept at working with and influencing Manager-, Director-, VP/C-level and owner-managed customers, delivering presentations and motivating key customer stakeholders.
• You have an attention to details, are organized and follow through on your commitments and persevere through challenges and objections.
• You are a self-motivated individual who is comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, capable of harvesting new relationships while growing existing relationships.
• You will apply – and alter as necessary – sales documents and presentations capturing the New Homes Program details and requirements.
• You are a Team player and will ensure that proper working relationships are established and processes and timelines are understood and supported by all stakeholders.
• 10+ years of B2B work experience in selling to CA production homebuilders.
• Additional solar and solar financing experience is a big plus.
• Excellent written and presentation skills. Accustomed to communicating various builder functions from site superintendent to C-level executives.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects, competing priorities and tight deadlines while maintaining promptness in responses and deliverables.
• Possess an understanding of business and financial economics with a demonstrated ability to assess the viability and fit of a homebuilder for Sunrun.
• Experience in managing a portfolio of customers to achieve revenue and share objectives.
• Proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint and Salesforce.
• Four-year college degree. MBA preferred.
• Be able to drive and travel to customers.
• Be able to remain in a seated position for more than 50 percent of the workday.
• Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
• Ability to perform normal office duties.
• Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work.
• Ability to interact and participate in meetings.
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.