Location: Jacksonville FL
Company Name: Luke & Associates
Occupational Category: 31-9092.00,Medical Assistants
Date Posted: 2020-04-03
Valid Through: 2020-04-23
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (CMA)
SITE OF SERVICE:
• Naval Branch Health Center, Jacksonville, FL
• Degree: Certificate.
• Education: With one of the following:
• Graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
• Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) of the American Medical Technologists
• Formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces.
• Current certification as a medical assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants
• Current registration by the American Medical Technologists
• National Center for Competency testing.
• Must have BLS hands-on course through AHA or ARC
• Experience: Possess a minimum of one year of full-time experience in the last three years as a CMA in an outpatient family practice or primary care setting.
• U.S. Citizenship: HCWs performing under this contract shall be U.S. citizens.
• English Language Requirement: The Contractor shall ensure that all HCWs providing services under this contract are able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate.
• HCW Physical Capability: HCWs shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required.
• Assist with patient check-ins, admissions, discharges, and transfers as directed.
• Prepare exam rooms prior to patient's arrival.
• Check patient's vital signs, to include temperature, respiration, pulse, weight and blood pressure.
• Obtain and document patient's current medical history, drug history, chief complaints, allergies and vital signs on the correct form.
• Maintain exam room stock levels and perform routine maintenance of exam rooms, to include dusting, cleaning wash basins, etc.
• Complete lab and x-ray requisitions in accordance with clinic policies.
• Enter demographic data into the computer upon patient check-in; enter diagnosis and departing time when patient is released.
• Maintain a level of productivity comparable with that of other individuals performing similar services.
• Participate in peer review and performance improvement activities.
• Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and disposal of infectious wastes, and the use of universal precautions to prevent the spread of infection.
• Function with an awareness and application of safety procedures.
• Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events. Anticipate potential problems/emergencies and make appropriate interventions. Notify supervisor, director, or other designated person regarding problems that the HCW is unable to manage.
• Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
• Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and reporting.
• Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant others' rights, as identified within the MTF.
• Maintain an awareness of responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
• Participate in continuing education to meet own professional growth.
• Attend and/or comply with all annual training classes required by the Command, to include but not limited to online annual training provided by the MTF: disaster training, infection control, Sexual Harassment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire and Safety, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and all other required training.
• Actively participate in the command’s Performance Improvement Program. Participate in meetings to review and evaluate the care provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems exist.
• Participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Provide training and/or direction as applicable to supporting government employees (e.g., hospital corpsmen, students, etc.).
• Attend and participate in various meetings as directed.
• Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient care.
• Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, Essentris, MHS Genesis and Clinical Information System (CIS), participate in clinical staff Performance Improvement (PI) and Risk Management (RM) functions, as prescribed by the Commander. Maintain DOD email account as directed. The HCW shall be responsive to all email and voicemail communications.
• Exercise appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the direction and coordination of health care team members, patient care, and clinic activities.
• Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with clinic directives, and prepare such records and reports as may be required. All records and reports must be legible. Abbreviations must be only those listed in local instructions.
• Services shall be provided Monday through Friday between the hours of 0600 to 1800.
• Shifts are generally scheduled for an 8.5 or 9-hour period with an uncompensated 30 to 60 minute meal break, respectively.
• In no instance shall the HCWs provide services in excess of 80 hours per 2-week period.
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be able and willing to reprioritize on short notice and work on multiple simultaneous projects. Flexible and able to work with various personalities. Team work skills required. Time management skills required. The ability to meet deadlines in a deadline intensive environment is essential. High level of adaptability and willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Luke & Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration from employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more about Luke & Associates, please visit our website at: