Location: Jacksonville FL
Company Name: BD
Occupational Category: 11-9121.00,Natural Sciences Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job Description Summary
Job Description**This role can be located anywhere in the USA**
The Laboratory Automation, Vice President is responsible for driving revenue and margin growth of Integrated Diagnostic Solutions (IDS) product and services related to Kiestra Laboratory Automation. This includes Kiestra and the associated product pull through due to the placement of a Kiestra system. The position will work in close partnership with the WW Business, US Sales and Marketing Leadership at IDS, along with the Strategic Customer Group at the BD enterprise level to ensure that short and long-term growth objectives for the IDS US Region are achieved. The Laboratory Automation, Vice President will have strong leadership and will build and sustain a high performing sales team that will flawlessly execute. The Laboratory Automation, Vice President is a member of the IDS US Leadership Team and reports directly to the VP/GM for IDS US Region.
• Responsible to drive the company's revenue and profit growth, ensuring the attainment of the Region's overall goals for Laboratory Automation.
• Develop plans and strategies for developing business to achieve assigned sales goals, including partnering with the US and WW Marketing organization, as well as the Microbiology Business Group leadership team and Strategic Customer Group to proactively identify opportunities to capture market share/market growth.
• Manage the sales expense budgeting process including quarterly and annual expense forecasting for related projects and for the assigned region.
• Directly manage a team of Microbiology Solutions Architects (MSA) to deliver profitable growth.
• Provide strategic recommendations and implementation plans for improving the overall productivity of the sales force, and identify and implement tools to improve the effectiveness of the overall sales organization.
• Ensure consistent implementation of key sales management processes such as:
• Sales Funnel Management
• Sales Call Reporting and CRM management
• Collaborate with the Strategic Customer Group and IDS Account Executives to drive Laboratory Automation sale and associated product pull-through.
Customer and Market
• Ensure that customer feedback and relevant information is gathered real time. Compile and effectively communicate information/data related to customer and prospect interactions to key stakeholders including the Strategic Customer Group to help the organization become more customer-centric.
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity, providing feedback and strategic recommendations to the company's leadership team, Microbiology Business Group Leadership, the Strategic Customer Group and other key stakeholders..
• Play a key role in negotiating Terms & Conditions of multi-million, multi-year contracts with C-Suite level executives of large hospital systems and reference labs.
• Provides Key Opinion Leader identification and development within the US region.
• Establish and execute against performance standards for associates.
• Responsible for the hiring and development of the Microbiology Solutions Architects
• Coach, mentor, and raise the team's ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for succession talent.
• Appraises guides, corrects and approves performance of staff through merit review and counseling. Provides ongoing direction and training and development of assigned personnel.
• Creates loyalty and followership within the team while enforcing high standards.
• Prepares & leads quarterly business reviews to address performance, strategies and activities of the customer stakeholders and the BD account team /business units
Multi-functional Account Team Leadership
• Leads and develops team culture that results in high performance and achievement of BD and customer goals
• Manages and sets priorities while effectively resolving conflicts.
• Holds Account Team accountable to business plan and success metrics.
Joint Solutions Development, Co -Creation & Negotiations:
• Works collaboratively with the Strategic Customer Group and IDS Account Executives to provide solutions which solve customer business issues in conjunction with account team resources
• Negotiates effectively with customers on contracting, priorities, timelines, progress and measures
• Creates dashboards to measure success of a partnership jointly with the customer
This role requires the following qualifications to foster success in the role:
• Experience working in an IDN environment and strong knowledge of US healthcare industry, including the Affordable Care Act
• Strong track record of business success/driving results
• Experience in account management and effective collaboration with C suite and key influencers (clinical & business)
• Demonstrated understanding of Health Care Information Technology preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully developing, leading and executing Joint Business Plans
• Demonstrated effective leadership of a "matrix" team (associates who do not report directly to the role)
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate complex sales agreements
• Drives results and proactively implements value props and customized solutions to meet customer expectations
• Ability to think strategically across complex portfolio
• Experience in sales management to include consultative and solution selling
• Strong financial and analytical skills and market trending
• Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills (forecasting and funnel management)
• Excellent communication and influencing skills - verbal, written and presentations
• Excellence in ambiguity, adapting to change and embracing new opportunities
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor degree required, graduate degree preferred
• Minimum 10+ years of progressively responsible sales experience with 5 years as a people leader preferred
• Minimum 5 years of large account management/IDN experience
• Successful selling experience in healthcare capital equipment and/or healthcare IT required
• Proven ability to engage, build relationships and close in the C-suite
• Solution and consultative selling experience required
• Complex matrix organizational experience
• Experience working at the C suite of health systems
• Experience in successfully developing joint business plans
• Influencing people without authority
• Ability to travel 50% of time
Demonstrated Job Competencies
• Strategic Thinking
• Building of High Performance teams
• Global and Company Mindset
• Negotiates effectively
• High Impact Delivery/Presentation
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Baltimore
Additional LocationsUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes