Location: Jacksonville FL
Company Name: JEA
Occupational Category: 11-9051.00,Food Service Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Responsible for direct supervision and performance goals of the Analytical and related Sections of the laboratory.Assumes Technical Director role and responsibilities to meet regulatory requirements of the NELAC Institute (TNI).Provides leadership and management in the development of new testing methods and the solutions of analytical problems and in laboratory data quality issues involving certification.
• Performing advanced professional laboratory physical, chemical, biochemical, testing and sampling as required.
• Approving laboratory data for entry into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
• Directing and performing routine and complex analyses of water, wastewater, and solids samples using manual and complex laboratory instrumentation methodologies.
• Evaluation, validation, and approval of laboratory results utilizing appropriate quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) methodologies.
• The NELAC Institute (TNI) Quality Systems development and management.
• Recommending new or modified procedures to improve accuracy and effectiveness of laboratory analyses.
• Managing State mandated Proficiency Test (PT) samples required to maintain Florida certification.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Environmental, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences or Engineering with at least twenty four (24) college semester credit hours in chemistry.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience in environmental analysis of water, wastewater samples.
A Master’s or Doctoral degree in one (1) of the disciplines may be substituted for one (1) year of experience.
Preferred experience in environmental testing and instrumentation for metals analyses.
License/Certifications/Registrations: A valid driver’s license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment.
This position requires that employees be in compliance with JEA procedure ES A0200 A0101 RS 628 Screening Personnel Risk Assessments (pre-hire for “FACTA” designations; pre-hire and recurring for “CIP” designations).
Job: *Environmental / Laboratory Services
Title: Mgr Laboratory Services
Requisition ID: 11385