Location: Jacksonville FL
Company Name: OneBlood
Occupational Category: 11-1021.00,General and Operations Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Oversees a specific collection area’s donor services operations in accordance with the blood center’s goals of collecting blood and apheresis blood components from volunteer blood donors.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Ensures staff meets the current standards of Quality Assurance and ensures quality improvement
• Coordinates with other departments to achieve the maximum efficiency while meeting or achieving the needs of the donor groups, other personnel, and demands of health institutions served by the organization
• Responsible for follow-up of donor reactions and donor complaints
• Ensures good customer service is provided and excellent technical skills are being performed by all blood collection staff
• Develops programs, meetings, and continuing education for the collections and supervisory staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education And/Or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; five (5) years management experience in a related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations And Designations
Knowledge, Abilities And Skills
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals according to CGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
• Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to delegate, manage and supervise effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand standard English.
• Ability to perform tasks effectively utilizing digital technology and communication tools (smartphones, tablets, etc.)
• Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to commute with personal transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tasks involve the periodic performance of moderately physically demanding work, usually involving lifting, carrying, pushing and/or of moderately heavy objects and materials (up to 50 pounds). Tasks that require moving objects of significant weight require the assistance of another person and/or use of proper techniques and moving equipment. Tasks may involve some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, walking, standing, and manual dexterity in the operating of phlebotomy equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Functions are regularly performed inside and/or outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as inclement weather, atmospheric elements and pathogenic substances. Performance of this job could expose the employee to blood-borne pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate