Location: Jacksonville FL
Company Name: Wayfair
Occupational Category: 11-1021.00,General and Operations Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
• Supervise the functions and working of the warehouse workers.
• Delegate and assign tasks and targets and evaluate the work of the staff.
• Adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
• Supervise proper shift allocations and ensure efficiency of all warehouse staff.
• Organize and conduct necessary training activities for the staff and workers.
• Ensure the proper functioning and safe operations of all warehouse tools and equipment.
• Work effectively with other managers within functional team and supports new team members.
• Drive specific initiatives that have proven business results.
• Proactively think beyond the explicit assignment to ask second-order questions and identify additional analytic needs.
• Accurately, quickly, and clearly answer questions related to your area of focus.
• Be viewed as a credible company expert on your area of focus.
• Effectively prepare and run internal meetings with supporting analytics and data.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Need
• Bachelor’s or associate degree in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or 5+ years working experience in product distribution to customer base.
• Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL).
• Working understanding of Warehouse Management System.
• Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities.
• Strong motivational, effectual team building, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to effectively manage time and resolve crises.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
• Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
• Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
• AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
• Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
• Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people