Location: Jordan NY
Company Name: Hill-Rom
Occupational Category: 25-9031.01,Instructional Designers and Technologists
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
As a member of the QA Training Team you will help ensure the effective development, and deployment of training for various Quality System processes that achieve compliance to Federal and International regulations.
The Instructional Designer is responsible to develop and implement interactive, e-learning training content in support of the Hillrom quality system and supporting functional processes. In addition, you will work with the QA Training Team in managing the company-wide Learning Management System (LMS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with process owners and department personnel to create effective training material including e-learning and training presentations
• Utilize e-learning authoring tools to create engaging, interactive, and impactful on-line, LMS deployed training.
• Applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
• Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
• Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
• Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
• Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
• Maintain project documentation and course folders
• Minimum of an associates degree in Instructional Design or equivalent
• 5 years proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
• Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
• Basic HTML programming knowledge is a plus
• Solid knowledge of course development software
• Experience utilizing at least one Learning Management System
• Experience using e-learning authoring tools (Captivate, Articulate, Elucidat)
• Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard a plus
• Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts a plus
• Experience in the Medical Device industry and with quality system regulations preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including attention to detail; strong questioning and listening skills; and the ability to look beyond obvious answers in order to understand the impact on other areas is required.
• Demonstrated strong proficiency with Microsoft systems (Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, & Project).
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Batesville
Other Locations: United States-Minnesota-St. Paul, United States-New York-Skaneateles Falls, United States-Illinois-Chicago, IL
Posting Entity Hillrom
Req ID: 19125018