Location: Lancaster CA
Company Name: Insight Recruiting
Occupational Category: 23-2011.00,Paralegals and Legal Assistants
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Company is seeking a legal administrative assistant/legal secretary to join the Legal and Compliance team based in San Francisco. The candidate will support a team of U.S.-based lawyers. The ideal candidate must display an ability to work independently, communicate clearly, multi-task, and prioritize work flow to meet changing deadlines and priorities from legal team members. The candidate will assist with coordinating across multiple time zones.
The preferred candidate will have at least 3 years legal administrative or legal secretarial experience in a corporate practice - at a law firm or company supporting corporate, investment fund or transactional lawyers.
• Process expense reports and occasionally schedule travel.
• Manage attorney bar qualifications and track Continuing Legal Education (CLE) requirements.
• Document management, including filing hard and soft copies of transactional, other legal and non-legal documentation and files.
• Field calls as needed if legal team members are on the phone or away from their desks.
• Process signature requests.
• Assist with word processing and editing.
• Provide other administrative support as required by attorneys and legal professionals.
• Notarize documents as requested. The firm will sponsor notary licensing and bond fees.
• Organize departmental calls and meetings.
• Organize departmental social activities.
• Act as departmental point person on firm-wide administrative projects.
• Undertake special projects as requested.
Attributes and Skills:
• Strong Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills required; document management and other technology skills a plus.
• Personable and collegial.
• Hard working; team player.
• Attention to detail; organized and focused.
• Composed and professional.
• Willing to ask questions.
• Capable of working in a fast-paced yet collaborative environment.
• Strong references required. Salary is commensurate with experience base salary range from $ 90,000 - 100,000 - plus annual bonus and excellent benefits
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative associate, clerk, deputy clerk, legal assistant, legal secretary, paralegal, receptionist, secretary