Location: Las Vegas NV
Company Name: College of Southern Nevada
Occupational Category: 43-6014.00,Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Accounting Assistant II - CSN Cashier Services
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
• Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
• Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
• Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Based on the volume of applications received this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Under direct supervision of the Salary Administration Senior Specialist; responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Receive, review, verify and process information and related documents for student accounts and departmental deposits.
• Balance account information by verifying totals and identifying discrepancies with student accounts.
• Perform daily reconciliation of cash drawer by using Peoplesoft data.
• Prepares and process daily records of deposits and the use of time management to transfer records to partnering departments.
• Assist with quarterly audits for external departments and retain documentation regarding these audits.
• Verify and process payments for transcript request(s).
• Receive, process, and apply third party vouchers, i.e., military, high school and grant in aid request(s).
• Assist and guide students with enrollment in the payment plan.
• Manage payment plans for currently enrolled students by informing student of due dates, amounts and late fees.
• Provide service excellence to students, internal and external customers.
• Undertake special tasks assigned by supervisor(s). Tasks may include assistance with collections, fraud,, return checks, stop and reorders or voided check preparations.
• Update and review Cash Handling training handouts for accuracy and consistency. Identify and confirm training dates.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Read, reply and/or forward emails received via Cashiering Services email account.
• Exhibit strong capabilities in cash handling, customer service and be attentive to detail.
• Demonstrate willingness to assist external staff with student account inquiries.
• Maintain consistent and reliable attendance.Required Qualifications
• Graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of clerical accounting experience which must have included duties such as coding documents to distribute funds; preparing accounts payable and accounts receivable documents and balancing accounts; and using computer spreadsheets to record, track organize and report data; OR one year of experience as an Accounting Assistant I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.Salary Range
Grade 25, Step 1 - Grade 25, Step 10
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
• Resume /CV
• Cover Letter
• Unofficial College Transcripts (optional)Local Search
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Accounting-Assistant-II---CSN-Cashier-Services_R0119891-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.