Location: Las Vegas NV
Company Name: Service Corporation International
Occupational Category: 43-6014.00,Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work ® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a full time opening for an Administrative Assistant at Affordable Cremation & Burial Service in Las Vegas, NV. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Provides administrative support to a market office, funeral home, cemetery, crematory or a combination of these facilities. Assists with special projects, research, and resolving problems. Schedules meetings, drafts memos, transcribes notes, and creates presentations, generates reports, and prepares and monitors invoices and expenses.
Management Administrative Support
• General office duties include, but are not limited to:
• Answers phones, giving information to callers or redirecting calls as appropriate
• Schedules meetings
• Time Entry
• Makes travel arrangements
• Plans events
• Completes management expense reports
• Responds to inquiries in writing and/or verbally
• Other duties may include:
• Assists on special projects and other duties as assigned by the management team
• Pulls monthly reports from reporting site and creates spreadsheets for stack rankings and tracking of key performance indicators
• Processes annual funeral home and cemetery license renewals
• Codes and scans of invoices
• Coordinates Sarbanes Oxley compliance
• Schedules call-in appointments for Sales
Staff Administrative Support
• Reviews and processes all required documentation and performs day to day administrative duties for funeral services/ burials and/or cremations in accordance with policies and procedures
• Files and maintains customer information for both new business and previous customers
• Maintains office and facility supplies as well as fax machines, copiers and network printers.
• Prepares Daily Schedules (Services, Who’s Up, etc.)
• Assists Human Resources (HR) with investigations, note taking and other documents
• Administers HR processes including new hire paperwork, background checks and bonus processing
• Schedules new associates for new hire orientation
• Maintains Market Leader files as necessary
• Enters contract details into HMIS and maintain other related documents.
• Orders and checks memorial to ensure accuracy.
• Works with pre-need arrangements and completes administrative paperwork.
• Assists in preparing and generating required reports
• Processes accounts payable and other accounting support transactions
• Maintains processes to ensure compliance with policies and procedures including SOX administration and audit
• Trains others on policies, procedures and new company initiatives
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Receives incoming telephone calls and assist callers with any questions or comments, direct calls to appropriate team members.
• May serve as Receptionist to greet and receive client families and / or other persons entering the office for information and assistance.
• Maintains a friendly attitude offering assistance and guidance to all persons entering the location
Requirements & Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• 3 - 5 years of experience working in a customer-focused and fast-paced professional environment.
Licenses or Certifications:
• None required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must have advanced computer, internet and word processing (typing minimum of 40 – 60 wpm) skills
• Working knowledge of office equipment including calculators, copiers, printers, fax machines, telephone console
• Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
• Answering telephone courteously and in a polite manner with a goal to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations.
• High level of compassion and integrity
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to multi task and set priorities
• Detail oriented
• Must be able to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Creative and organized
• Excellent customer service skills
• High energy and understands confidentiality matters and documents
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
• 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
• Vacation and sick time
• Tuition reimbursement
• Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com .
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Associate Requisition ID Req.77046
# of Openings 1
Category (Portal Searching) Administration and Clerical