Location: Las Vegas NV
Company Name: Democracy Prep Public Schools
Occupational Category: 25-1123.00,English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The mission of our schools is to educate our scholars for success in the college of their choice and a life of active citizenship. Core to achieving this mission is educating global citizens with a rigorous education that values multilingualism, multiliteracy, and multiculturalism. With this in mind, we are looking for bilingual teachers to help found our dual language program in Las Vegas and ensure we are preparing all of our scholars to be global citizens. .
Who You Are
• An educator with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
• An outstanding classroom teacher who holds scholars to consistently high behavioral and academic expectations.
• A results-driven instructor with experience in, and commitment to, the use of data analysis and assessments to drive instructional decisions and teacher accountability.
• A fully bilingual (Spanish and English) educator with a passion for encouraging bilingualism, biliteracy, and biculturalism in our scholars as a vehicle for global citizenship in all students, regardless of language background.
• A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program (required), with 2 years of urban teaching experience and state certification (preferred).
What You’ll Do (Elementary)
• Create, monitor, and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
• Engage scholars from English and Spanish speaking backgrounds in the acquisition of both languages through the implementation of a coherent, research-based bilingual curriculum with support from our network Curriculum team and the Assistant Director of Multilingual Education.
• Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine curricula and instructional practice.
• Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with scholars, families, and colleagues.
• Continuously improve your professional practice through weekly coaching sessions, professional development, and data-driven reflection.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply