Location: Las Vegas NV
Company Name: Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas
Occupational Category: 11-3061.00,Purchasing Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-17
Valid Through: 2020-03-18
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job Title: Grant Manager
Reports to: CFO
The Grant Management Specialist will be coordinating and overseeing the grant application and management process including identification of potential new funding sources, development of funding resources for existing and proposed programs and/or services, writing grants, developing budgets, collaborating on grant applications with various members of the Executive and Site Administrators and processing, monitoring and coordinating required report evaluations on existing grants. The grant management specialist provides fiscal service and support for both central office departments as well as individual school personnel. The grant management specialist will prepare and present information regarding funding opportunities to the Executive and CASLV Board Members as updates are requested. The position will also answer inquiries from external auditors and federal, state and local agencies concerning grant information and to effectively communicate complex financial issues to employees, administrators, auditors, the general public and granting agencies.
• Develops and prepares grant applications and reports.
• Develops procedures for the grant application process as needed and collaborates with appropriate personnel.
• Working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others.
• Working knowledge of federal and state regulations related to the area of responsibility.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of governmental accounting.
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates the centralized accounting and financial reporting for assigned grant portfolio, including preparing annual and project budgets, forecasting revenue, estimating any carry-over of funds from one year to the next.
• Researches issues, prepares invoices/ billings and collects funds for the support of restricted fund expenditures.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of all applicable fiscal reports for sponsored programs and ensures the timely submission thereof.
• Coordinates with key personnel at all levels of the Administrators to support the proper and timely expenditure of grant funds in compliance with applicable guidelines and budget deadlines.
• Compiles year-end reports, work papers and analysis necessary for the auditors to complete the yearly audit of the grants.
• Maintains grant fiscal records and database.
• Maintains oversight of assigned grant applications on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with funding agencies and regulatory guidelines.
• Attends necessary technical assistance conferences/meetings at the state and federal levels.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirement:
• Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions.
• Ability to prioritize and self-direct, analyze situations, identify situations where appropriate to make decisions to meet deadlines and schedules; working independently under time constraints; setting priorities while performing with minimal direct day-to-day supervision;
• Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes, and operate equipment using defined methods.
• Skill in researching, analyzing and evaluating complex financial data.
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data for accuracy. Detail-oriented. Problem-solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to provide a high level of customer service, and establish and maintain effective interdepartmental communications and relationships.
• Proficiency in various computer applications including comprehensive databases, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
Education and/or Experience:
Education and Training:
An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Experience in related positions, or three years of successful supervisory experience related to the administrative position.
• Fiscal management experience involving budget creation, audit responses, and payment approvals.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
At least 2 years of general accounting experience or equivalent experience managing grants. This should include processing complex financial transactions, ensuring compliance with legal or contractual requirements, recordkeeping and preparation of monthly, quarterly and/or annual reporting.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity