Location: Las Vegas NV
Company Name: HonorSociety.org
Occupational Category: 27-3041.00,Editors
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
HonorSociety.org is looking for motivated, independent and enthusiastic individuals who are excited to help shape the future of our Honor Society! HonorSociety.org?s mission is to connect academically-minded and value-oriented people and provide them with opportunities to help them achieve their ambitions and life goals. Join us in creating something truly special for our members.
The Managing Editor (ME) will be responsible for the coordination of all digital and print design and content produced for Honor Society. The right candidate will have experience in cross-channel content marketing and content optimization including text, images, audio, video, social media marketing, and search marketing.
The Managing Editor is a creative marketing mind with the ability to organize projects, meet deadlines, and, as we grow, will be responsible for managing a team. This position requires experience in using digital and print content to support strategic organizational objectives as well as the ability to interpret analytics and troubleshoot web related technical issues.
• Leading day-to-day content creation and operations including text, images, audio, video and website content for in-house and outsourced content creators, editors, graphic designers, videographers, developers, etc.
• Reviewing all content and copy before it is in production to ensure material is accurate and on-brand.
• Identifying successful content and mapping out new ways to repurpose (i.e. a blog post into a YouTube video) to amplify the organization?s message across various media channels.
• Defining, creating, and upholding the organization?s Style Guide.
• Maintaining consistency of the brand by upholding the organization?s style guide standards on tense, voice, tone, and the spelling/capitalization of certain words as they relate to the organization.
• Overseeing the scheduling, publication, and overall consistency of Honor Society?s content assets for the website, social media, digital marketing and print.
• Creation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the planning, execution, optimization, distribution, and amplification of the organization?s content.
• Ensuring readability of content by identifying and correcting mistakes in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Checking accuracy of facts, dates, names, captions, statistics, etc. located in all content.
• Assisting in ideation, planning, and execution of the editorial and content marketing calendar that attracts and appeals to the organization?s various member profiles.
• Producing and/or directing video content for YouTube and other video platforms.
• Demonstrated experience with successful management and execution of a content marketing strategy.
• An strong understanding of how to create and present content that persuades.
• Proven editorial skills including strong language skills and the ability to adjust content to remain consistent with brand, style, and tone.
• Proficiency in creating images and photo manipulation with photo design platforms include Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
• Proven experience using social media channels to distribute and amplify the organization?s content, manage reputation, develop relationships, and drive website traffic.
• Ability to identify trends and adjust strategy using analytical and quantitative problem solving.
• SEO, Graphic Design, and Video Marketing a plus
• Must be located in Las Vegas, NV
HonorSociety.org Organization Overview:
HonorSociety.org is a nationally recognized, fast-growing college honors organization that gives students the tools and recognition to succeed. We are quickly growing into a large online community and need your help to get there!
Love what you do. Watch one of our ceremonies!