Location: Las Vegas NV
Company Name: PwC
Occupational Category: 15-1152.00,Computer Network Support Specialists
Date Posted: 2020-03-18
Valid Through: 2020-04-17
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC’s system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you’ll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
• Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
• Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
• Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
• Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
• Share relevant thought leadership.
• Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
• Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
This team focuses on operational activities across the suite of security tools managed in the NIS central service environment. The core areas of focus for Perimeter Security is Firewalls (Cloud, Physical, Virtual, WAF), Proxies, IPS, and VPN. This includes but is not limited to Major Incident Response and Resolution, providing mentoring to junior staff, improving security posture, and engagement in operational projects as needed.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required
High School Diploma
Minimum Years Of Experience
2 year(s) of progressive professional roles involving information security and/or IT management.
Palo Alto Certified - PCNSA/PCNSE
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities and/or proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
• Troubleshooting and resolving complex network security incidents, to include packet capture and analysis, log review, and critical thinking;
• Possessing experience with Palo Alto administration as well as the design and implementation of industry leading practices;
• Solving complex technical problems through engineering, including requirements analysis, design, development, implementation and testing;
• Possessing stakeholder management skills and the ability to set expectations and respond to business needs in a complex high-pressure environment;
• Demonstrating Security Risk Assessment for firewall rule implementations;
• Possessing knowledge of Azure NSG, Load Balancer, UDR configuration and troubleshooting;
• Managing documentation for perimeter security environments;
• Understanding security technology operational industry standards;
• Contributing to a central technology service organization;
• Navigating a matrix organization and collaborating with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skill sets;
• Leveraging facts and data when approaching problems and considering both the customer's perspective as well as the enterprise's perspective while focusing on overarching goals and objectives;
• Exhibiting capabilities to multitask, performing and delivering results as both part of a team and independently;
• Demonstrating relationship and team building skills that foster an inclusive and collaborative environment for stakeholders and team members; and,
• Collaborating with design and build engineering teams to establish maximum capability of security solutions are achieved in the run state.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance