Location: Las Vegas NV
Company Name: Progress Residential
Occupational Category: 49-3023.00,Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
• Service Technician
Posted Date1 week ago(1/31/2020 7:54 AM)
Job LocationUS-NV-Las Vegas
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 38,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, New Jersey, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Service Technician I is an entry skill level position and is a key associate in providing outstanding maintenance and repair services in an efficient and effective manner. The Service Technician I works on the Property Management Renovations, Turns and Service (RTS) team. The Service Technician I is primarily tasked with maintenance and repair work for Progress Residential homes and providing excellent customer service for our customers.
• Assess a service request job assigned and determine the appropriate steps necessary to resolve the service request
• Communicate to the Service Manager any information needed when support is needed to complete assigned work
• Complete electronic forms and service request entering all required information and ensuring accurate jobs notes and job photographs
• Work as a an on-call technician and provide after-hours emergency service following company standards
• Provide outstanding customer service and be an ideal representative of Progress Residential’s standards
• Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations (such as Lead Based Paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Program OSHA, etc.)
• Participate in field and formal training related to providing service to Progress homes
• Maintain fleet vehicle and inventory within company guidelines
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled/emergency repairs, preventative maintenance, property inspections, and service requests including repair, replacement or modification of components, equipment or systems as assigned on a daily basis on the following types of systems:
• Electrical systems and fixtures
• Plumbing systems and fixtures
• A/C / Heat Pump and heating systems
• Water irrigation systems
• Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings, mailboxes
• Tile, carpet, and flooring
• Interior/exterior lights
• Gas fixtures and appliances
• Shutters, interior and exterior doors and trim, windows, sliding glass doors
• Door and mailbox locks and keys
• Security systems
• Ceiling leaks
• Mill work and cabinets
• Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pool furniture
• Other Service areas as required
• Perform routine preventive maintenance services on residential properties and systems
• Report all major repairs and requisitions prior to any expenditure of funds
• Must always be aware of the condition of the property and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition
• Follow Fleet vehicle maintenance schedule and keep an organized and clean vehicle/workspace
• Ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
• Comply with all Fleet policies and procedures at all times
• Maintain a good driving record and drive in a safe manner at all times
• Complete all assigned work in a professional and timely manner
• Maintain regular attendance and excellent punctuality
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Must have a valid Driver’s License in the working state
• EPA Refrigerant certification Type II or universal recommended or the ability to become EPA Type II certified within a 6-month time frame
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience recommended working in residential maintenance, service and repair. Specific requirements:
• Must be able to assess condition and diagnose malfunctions or failures within a residential structure including interior and exterior doors, windows and surfaces
• Minimum of 1 year of experience providing routine maintenance, cleaning, inspection, diagnosis and repair of residential warm air furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, ducting systems, related piping and electrical components
• Minimum entry level experience servicing all makes & models of residential appliances with ability to install, maintain, inspect, diagnose and repair or replace defective equipment or components
• Minimum 1 year of experience providing routine maintenance, inspection, diagnosis and repair of residential plumbing systems and fixtures
• Minimum 1 year of experience providing routine maintenance, inspection, diagnosis and repair of residential electrical systems, devices and fixtures
• Employee must provide their own basic tools required to perform diagnostics and service in a residential environment
• Available to work both weekends and evenings and for on-call service as scheduled
• Ability to perform well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
• Ability to interact with residents, management, team members and vendors/contractors tactfully and professionally
• Possess strong organizational, communication and customer service skills
• Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
• Honest, ethical and able to work in confidential manner
• Regularly required sitting and standing for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day, and to lift 50 pounds with ease
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
• In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
• We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
• Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v