Location: Littleton CO
Company Name: Xcel Energy
Occupational Category: 49-3023.00,Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Location(s): CO - Centennial
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
• NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for a Appliance Service Helper in Centennial, CO. The pay for this position is $27.32 hourly.
Loads and unloads vehicles, delivers parts and equipment, assists Service Specialists on various work assignments such as HVAC appliance installation. Is required to work in areas with restricted access, such as basements, crawl spaces and attics. Will also perform other duties as assigned, such as various housekeeping duties. Will work directly with customers.
• Successful applicant must have High School diploma or equivalent and meet the following criteria:
• Must have successfully passed the Edison Electric Institute’s Construction and Skilled Trades Test (CAST)
• Experience in either gas or electric appliance repair or appliance parts or applicable training classes such as trade school.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Must be able to safely work from ladders and on rooftops.
• Must display good customer service skills.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
• All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
• Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
• After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
• Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
• After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Centennial || CO - Centennial || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 66250:HomeSmart CO || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 21807
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com