Location: Louisville KY
Company Name: University of Louisville Physicians
Occupational Category: 21-1014.00,Mental Health Counselors
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
• MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST I, Social Services, UofL Health-Peace Hospital, Full Time, Days
# of Openings
Professional Clinical/Allied Health
This position is responsible for providing direct clinical behavioral health and/or substance use services to child, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric patients and families. Services include: group therapy, family therapy, individual therapy, psycho education, discharge planning and coordinating with community, government and/or other behavioral health agencies for aftercare services.
1. Adhere to respective Board mandated professional development and CEU requirements needed to maintain active provisional licensure.
2. Demonstrate screening and assessment skills needed to obtain essential information from patients, their families, or collateral sources to develop person-centered care and discharge plans.
3. Document and communicate key information needed to collaborate with physicians and interdisciplinary treatment team to develop individualized and developmentally appropriate care and discharge plans. Provides rational for prioritization and/or deferment of problems.
4. Display proficiency in providing therapeutic interventions to amilies, individuals, and groups. Offer specialized treatment interventions such as sexual offender therapy, play therapy, EMDR, or other if certified/credentialed to do so.
5. Display proficiency in clinical documentation to include development of care plan goals, objectives, and intervention strategies.
6. Demonstrate effective ongoing observations and reassessment of patient and/or family needs and responses to treatment interventions to ensure appropriateness of care and discharge plans.
7. Adhere to all HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 regulations to maintain patient/family rights to confidentiality while striving to provide sensitive, respectful and compassionate customer service at all times.
8. Adhere to all clinical documentation requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Licensure, and Certification:
-Masters degree in a behavioral health or human services related field required.
-Required Licensure and Certifications Current certification as a Clinical Social Worker (CSW), Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPCA), Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist Associate (LMFTA), Licensed Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor Associate (LCADCA), Temporary Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor (TCADC) in the state of KY required within 45 days of hire.
-Able to complete Health Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) training and able to perform BLS techniques required.
-Able to complete Safe Crisis Management (SCM) training and perform SCM techniques required.
-A minimum of two years of clinical experience in a behavioral health or human service setting preferred