Location: Louisville KY
Company Name: Vivid Impact
Occupational Category: 17-2141.00,Mechanical Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-03-16
Valid Through: 2020-04-15
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Responsible for developing folding carton and POP design solutions to exceed customer needs and expectations.
Create packaging solutions to increase Vivid Impact's profitability, market share and competitive advantage. Liaison with Manufacturing, Sales, Customer Service, Estimating/Planning, Creative Design, and Clients.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
• Utilizes CAD-based computer software and hardware mediums to develop
carton designs to meet customer needs.
• Produce paperboard and corrugated samples for customer review and approval.
• Work with Creative Design Team to coordinate carton design with graphics.
• Evaluate packaging materials, designs, processes, and equipment to improve cost, quality,
• Serve as project lead for packaging equipment related projects or operations support as assigned.
• Develop working relationships with area leaders, sales team and machine operators.
• Maintain understanding of machine capabilities and limitations.
• Work with estimating department to ensure they have required specifications (layout,
material, etc.) to quote projects.
• Assist sales team with client visits and sales calls.
• Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Related on job experience.
• 2+ years Folding Carton design experience with packaging products in a manufacturing setting.
• Strong organizational, leadership and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively establish working relationships with various departments & area leaders.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Positive team player with a "yes, I will help you with that attitude".
• Ability to travel to client or vendor sites.
• Team Player
Job Posted by ApplicantPro