Location: Louisville KY
Company Name: IQVIA
Occupational Category: 41-4011.00,Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
Date Posted: 2020-02-21
Valid Through: 2020-03-22
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA is looking for high performing, results-oriented sales representatives with a track record of success to join our team as a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative. This role is responsible for selling diabetes products on behalf our client, AstraZeneca.
The Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (PSS) engages health care professionals (HCPs) in face to face discussions to promote assigned client products, maximize the products’ selling potential and meet program and Client objectives. The PSS achieves this by developing and maintaining relationships with HCPs and educating them about product features benefits, safety profile and approved indications to ensure appropriate patient use. The PSS utilizes approved tools and resources for product promotion and maintains a competent level of product, territory and customer activity knowledge.
• Create and implement strategically sound business plans and tactical strategies within the assigned geographic territory to achieve individual, territory and company goals for sales, market share, call metrics, appropriate sample distribution, etc.
• Manage daily sales call activity according to defined expectations, with the purpose of influencing customers and increasing product sales:
• On behalf of AstraZeneca, promote products via live interactions with assigned HCP targets, engaging them in in-depth program.
• Profile and manage a list of HCP targets and provide value-added benefits to grow product volume.
• Maintain call productivity and metrics that are required by program.
• Manage promotional budget.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of AstraZeneca’s products and programs.
• Fully comply with all laws, regulations and Supplier Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations, and terms and conditions prescribed in the Sample Administration Agreements and PDMA Guidelines.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Previous experience selling AstraZeneca’s diabetes products strongly preferred.
• 1 + years of successful sales experience preferred.
• Entry level or new to industry candidates considered.
• Strong consideration given to candidates with 18+ months experience in the Customer Service Associate (CSA) role within a current or past AstraZeneca program, in good standing and with demonstrated proficiency to fulfill CSA responsibilities and a track record of success.
• Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
• Ability to drive to assigned targets within the territory using own automobile.
• Ability to travel to work related meetings and functions (including overnight and/or weekend).
• Must be able to successfully complete client training and meet training expectations in order to proceed to servicing client’s customers within the parameters of the program.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Clear, articulate and grammatically sound speech and professional appearance.
• Strong rapport building skills and active listening skills.
• Excellent selling, closing, persuasion and presentation skills.
• Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
• Self-motivated and disciplined.
• Good organizational and planning skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated technical aptitude with computer technology and devices (e.g. iPad, apps).
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation