Location: Louisville KY
Company Name: GE Appliances
Occupational Category: 17-2141.00,Mechanical Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-22
Valid Through: 2020-03-23
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Principal User Interface Mechanical Engineer - Refrigeration
The Refrigeration User Interface Mechanical Engineer will lead the advanced development of the user interfaces for the next generation of consumer friendly, energy-efficient appliances as well as the advanced development of the associated technologies. This role will be responsible for guiding the product line engineers in a common direction and ensuring that innovated designs are shared throughout the business. The Refrigeration User Interface Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for working with the product line engineers and other user interface engineers in order to develop new technologies which can be introduced into the product lines. With the many features offered in these new platforms, this role will be challenged with finding innovative solutions to meet the next generation product requirements, reliability, and design for manufacturability This role is responsible for advanced development efforts which will feed the product lines and support the brand strategies.
What you will Do
• Louisville, KY is the position location
• Advanced development for user interfaces
• Coordinate with the product line design teams to develop common/modular solutions
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including mechanical, electrical and software engineers in the Lean development process
• Develop and maintain comprehensive requirement specifications for user interfaces.
• Work with IDO to determine brand strategies
• Use Six Sigma and reliability engineering methodology to prove and implement the new designs
• Complete reliability qualification & growth testing on the designs
• Coordinate design fabrication and qualification with the product line
• Up to 20% travel is required and includes domestic locations along with but not limited to Mexico and China
• Relocation assistance is available
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
10 years: Experience in product development
Strong mechanical design experience and good understanding of software/electrical development processes
Strong project planning and project leadership skills and experience
Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment
Demonstrated initiative, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
Experience in leading a global team, managing schedules and tracking milestones.
What you need to Succeed
Ability to read, write and speak Mandarin and/or Spanish is a plus.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law