Location: Louisville KY
Company Name: ManpowerGroup
Occupational Category: 51-9199.00,Production Workers, All Other
Date Posted: 2020-02-17
Valid Through: 2020-03-18
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Are you looking for an active, stable work environment in a manufacturing field?
We're looking for an entry level 3rd shift Production Operator/Batch Operator for our Louisville (Riverport) location. If you have a strong work ethic, positive safety record and a commitment to quality...then we want to hear from you!
Where else will you get benefits that start on day one with competitive pay and an opportunity to learn and grow?
• Produces, inspects, and packages products per batch formulations utilizing various mixing, blending, and packaging equipment.
• Follows all EHS and Quality procedures to safely produce quality product.
• Practices Continuous Quality Improvement in all processes.
• Participates in Bostik's Safety programs to achieve objective of safe behavior and goal of Zero incidents.
• Records manually and via computer, all material usage, accurately fill out process batch sheets.
Key Responsibilities for Production Operator/Batch Maker:
• Follow all plant policies and practices to ensure safety, quality, service, and cost objectives are met
• Operate a variety of mixing/blending equipment across plant floor as needed
• Perform various quality checks and assist in the cleaning and change-over of equipment
• Maintain an accurate inventory through activities such as: proper reporting of material usage, minimizing wastes, and ensuring that measuring devices are properly calibrated
• Ensure good housekeeping of all work areas
• Accurately complete all paperwork and data entry to support job tasks
• Assist in physical inventories
• Safely stage and move materials by hand and by operating a powered industrial truck (fork-lift)
• Comply with all company policies
• Practice Safe work habits in accordance with OSHA, EPA guidelines, and Bostik-specific EHS expectations
• Work in a fast paced production environment where safety, accuracy and speed are essential.
• Batch making
• Chemical mixing
• Chemical compounding
• Bulk manufacturing
• Machine operator
• Start to finish processes
• ISO and 5S manufacturing Compliance
• Machine operation
• Work as a production operator, mixer, batching, and mixing
• High School diploma/ GED, ability to read English and performbasic math skills.
• Willingto work an off shift and overtime as necessary
• Experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Forklift certification/experience preferred
• Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Applications, Lotus Notes) preferred.
• Ability to operate automated and semi-automated equipment preferred.
About Bostik - Smart Adhesives
With our eyes on the future, Bostik is driven to develop smart adhesives - enabling us to anticipate needs, create value and shape new capabilities. We are not the right place for everyone. We ARE right for those who work collaboratively to think and act boldly beyond today. Put your potential to work to increase our collective expertise, powered by a spirit of innovation.
As one of the largest adhesive and sealant companies in the world, Bostik designs, manufactures, and markets bonding solutions within a variety of Global Business Units: Industrial Adhesives (Converting, Assembly, Packaging, Transportation, Flexible Packaging and Industrial Laminations); Consumer and Construction (Flooring Installation Systems, Construction Sealants and Adhesives); and Nonwovens (Disposable Hygiene).
Bostik is well positioned as part of Arkema's High Performance Materials segment. A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day.
Make a difference with Bostik. Build a career with purpose. Experience the impact powerful bonds can make - at a place where you can feel at home.
Compliance: Bostik is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
ManpowerGroup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a professional, high quality work environment. It is the policy of ManpowerGroup and all of its subsidiaries to recruit, train, promote, transfer, pay and take all employment actions without regard to an employee's race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law