Location: Louisville KY
Company Name: GE Appliances
Occupational Category: 17-2141.00,Mechanical Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-21
Valid Through: 2020-03-22
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Harness Design Engineer
This Harness Design Engineer role will lead the development of harnesses for Cooking Products. With the many features offered in these new platforms this role will be challenged with finding innovative solutions to meet the product requirements, reliability and design for manufacturability. This role is responsible for development efforts from concept design, prototype design & development, reliability testing and transition to production.
What you will Do
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams in Lean development process.
• Design full harness including; connector selection, wire types, harness routing, manufacturing process, development of wiring diagrams and development of harness drawings.
• Use Six Sigma and reliability engineering methodology to prove and implement the new designs
• Build prototype harnesses to prove concept feasibility for design manufacturability, serviceability, etc.
• Collaborate with Controls engineers in EMI product level testing.
• Comply with all UL requirements related to harness and connectors.
• Coordinate harness fabrication, quality plans and qualification with the selected manufacturer.
• Drive connector and harness design standardization across product lines.
What you need to Succeed
• BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 7 years experience in engineering design for high volume products.
• Strong project planning and project leadership skills.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Demonstrated initiative, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in resolving issues regarding EMI/EMC.
• Experience in meeting regulatory requirements (UL).
• Experience in connector design and qualification.
• Proven project management track record on several development projects
• Six Sigma certified Green Belt or Black Belt
• Experience in Creo schematics
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law