Location: Lubbock TX
Company Name: Texas Tech University
Occupational Category: 21-1012.00,Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
Date Posted: 2020-04-03
Valid Through: 2020-04-23
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Extended Job Title
Admissions Counselor - Austin
Represents Texas Tech University both on and off campus to prospective students, parents, staff and faculty of area high schools and community colleges to attract quality applicants and achieve enrollment goals. Coordinates and contributes to the success of various visit schedules for area high school and community colleges in the assigned area. Plans assigned recruiting events and programs. Counsels prospective applicants on the admissions process and opportunities at the university.
Up to 75%
• Represent Texas Tech University at high school and community college day/night programs in the Austin area
• Recruiting and advising students through the admissions process
• Set up and implement visit schedules for area high schools in assigned area
• Manage regional recruitment activities
• plan, supervise and implement recruitment receptions and programs
• Prepare budgets for these events
• Attract quality applicants to achieve stated enrollment goals
• *Grant Funded?:**
Minimum Hire Rate
Evening and weekend programs as required
• *Work Location:**
• Valid driver's license
• Experience in recruitment or admissions, desirable
• Public relations experience
• Must be approved to drive state fleet vehicles
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Academic Support Professionals
• Evening and weekend programming
• Serve as a representative of Undergraduate Admissions within the University and local community
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor’s degree plus one (1) year related experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience to equal five (5) years.
• *Does this position work in a research laboratory?:**