Location: Madison MS
Company Name: Wood Group
Occupational Category: 17-2081.00,Environmental Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is in search of a Senior Environmental Engineer with approximately 10 years of experience to join our Madison, Mississippi Environmental Branch. The ideal candidate will have experience with multiple facets of environmental engineering, including preparing permit applications for industrial and environmental permits associated with RCRA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and other regulatory programs. Environmental auditing experience is a plus. Experience also may include environmental site assessment and remediation experience throughout the Southeast.
• Managing industrial client's EHS compliance activities including permit modifications, regulatory compliance assistance and client communications
• Participate in client-facing activities and regulatory-agency communications, including presentations, webinars and meetings
• Preparing Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure plans, Risk Management Plans, Process Safety Management Plans, air permit applications, waste water permit applications, etc.
• Working with environmental and safety auditing compliance specialists on limited environmental and safety audits
• Preparation of proposals and technical reports
• Leading various projects within Environmental Branch (e.g., Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, and soil and groundwater sampling)
• Daytime travel and overnight (up to a week or more) travel required, as needed
• Have and maintain a valid driver's license and work outdoors in various weather conditions
Skills / Qualifications
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering or related discipline is required
• Approximately 10 years of related experience
• Current OSHA 40-Hr HAZWOPER training
• Ability to manage multiple projects and project teams
• Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with management, staff, and clients
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can't see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today