Location: Memphis TN
Company Name: Memphis Area Transit Authority
Occupational Category: 13-1199.04,Business Continuity Planners
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
FLSA:Exempt JOB TITLE:Service Planner and Title VI Coordinator
DEPARTMENT:Planning & Scheduling
REPORTS TO:Director of Planning & Scheduling
JOB CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares and maintains MATA’s Title VI Program as required by the Federal Transit Administration and outlined in FTA Circular FTA C 4702.1B.
• Conducts route studies by field investigations evaluating number of stops, length of route and number of runs and reviews of passenger surveys, monitors route performance for effectiveness, calculates projected ridership and performance statistics, proposes modifications to existing service including route design, service frequencies and vehicle assignment requirements, advises management on the effect of proposed service changes, coordinates with other departments on service related issues.
• Collects service-related data from various sources and develops and maintains database in order to prepare federal, state and local reports, performs data analysis in order to prepare various reports related to ridership, route productivity and service measurements and performance indicators for management staff, participates in the completion of the Short-Range Transit and Fleet Management plans, communicate and coordinates with other departments to determine methods for ongoing data collection as well as corridor and transit system planning for future system expansion.
• Performs research in order to respond to inquiries and complaints from internal and external customers, attends community meetings and public hearings as needed in order to communicate service related information.
• Assists in the monitoring and analysis of operations data and prepares performance-related reports (e.g., schedule adherence, ridership patterns, proper transfer connections, overloading) using software such as Trapeze FX, Trapeze Blockbuster, & Ridecheck Plus.
• Assists with maintaining planning data and applications using software such as TransCAD, ESRI ArcView, and other GIS-related information.
• Assists with performing mapping and scheduling updates.
• Assists Scheduling Department with preparing analyses of new service requests, route schedule changes, run-cuts, sign-ups, and maintenance of timetable database using Trapeze software applications.
• Conducts statistical analysis of ridership, performance measures, and geographic data to assess performance and/or productivity of MATA’s transit services.
• Assists in the coordination of MATA’s planning activities with the Memphis Metropolitan Planning Organization and other state and federal agencies. Specific functions include, assisting with the development of the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP), Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and Long-Range Transportation Plan (LRTP).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists with preparation of public timetables and maps and other informational materials.
• Assists with oversight and preparation of procurement documents for third party contracts.
• Prepares presentations for and conducts community outreach.
• Attends community meetings as directed.
• Assists other departments with coordination and administration functions as time permits.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
• Assists with the development of various grant applications on an as-needed basis.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in transit planning or related field, and 1 year of professional experience.
Other: Experience and/or knowledge in transportation planning, scheduling and/or public administration. Knowledge of computer software applications for public transportation such as ESRI ArcGIS, or experience in ESRI ArcGIS Desktop, and GIS Workflows or Analysis is preferred. Preferred knowledge or experience with TransCAD travel demand modeling software or database management using relational databases or Crystal Reports. Knowledge of applicable federal policies, laws and regulations. Familiarity with bus stop design principles, understanding of scheduling and run cutting, and database management is desired. Experience in grant reporting data analysis, data visualization, report writing and developing route plans as well as knowledge of project management and/ or management principles is preferred. Proficiency in computer software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). Must possess strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills. Requires ability to handle numerous tasks. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Environment: Frequent sitting is common but will require standing, walking, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing and pulling depending on the work to be accomplished. May be required to lift, push or move up to 20 lbs. Will need to be able to reach with hands and arms and finger, handle or feel. The job requires normal visual acuity (close, distance and color vision as well as peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus). Must have the use of sensory skills (talk and hear) in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public using a telephone, personal contact or written communication means. Physical capability to use and operate office related equipment such as, but not limited to, computer, calculator, copier and fax machine. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate or quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
MTM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY M/F/H/V EMPLOYER AND PROMOTES A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE