Location: Memphis TN
Company Name: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Occupational Category: 29-2034.00,Radiologic Technologists
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Level 3Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for operating Ultrasound equipment and Non-Invasive Vascular equipment to perform Ultrasound and Non-Invasive Vascular examinations.Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.Education/Experience/Licensure
Must have completed one of the educational prerequisites outlined in the ARDMS Exam guidelines.
• Certification and registration as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer through ARDMS in at least three of the following categories: Abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular Technology, Breast, Neurosonography, or Cardiology.
(The third certification category is to be determined by the Administrative Director and will reflect the need of the facility.)
• Effective June 1, 2018: New Hires and Current Associates are required to have BLS Certification.PREFERRED:
Graduate from a CAAHEP or CMA approved ultrasound/vascular technology education program.
Certification and registration as a Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED:
• Skill in performing Ultrasound examination in designated area.
• Ability to understand and prepare complex written materials, such as patient records and technical manuals.
• Ability to communicate verbally with co-workers, physicians and patients and their families.
• Ability to work without close supervision and to exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to organize multiple tasks and projects and maintain control of work flow.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Performs Ultrasound examinations as established in the Radiology/Ultrasound Procedure Guide.
• Provides ongoing patient assessment through observation of patient and records; reports findings accurately and on time.
• Assists in the development of others through guidance and teaching.
• Promotes professional practice of all members of the radiological services care team. Participates in quality monitoring and evaluation activities and maintains measures to ensure hospital, JCAHO and other quality standards are met.
• Ensures that equipment performance is optimum, performs appropriate quality control test and adjustments to maximize image quality.
• Obtains required Continuing Education and Certification necessary for the Ultrasound Lab to maintain accreditation with the Intersocial
Commission Accreditation of Vascular Labs (ICAVL) and American Institute Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM). Seeks out appropriate Continuing Education offerings to enhance technical skills and improve exam quality.
• Ensures that patient care or department related communications are coordinated among all radiological services team members.
• Attends and participates in, as a member or chairperson, in departmental/hospital committees or group meetings as appointed or assigned.
• Maintains supply inventory, including film, drugs, and other expendable supplies.
• Demonstrates knowledge and competent operation of RIS/PACS system within the scope of job position and function.
• The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
• Must have good balance and coordination.
• The physical requirements of this position are: medium work - exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
• The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
• Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
• Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
• Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
• Handling and administering narcotics periodically throughout shift