Location: Menomonee Falls WI
Company Name: Ashland
Occupational Category: 17-2112.00,Industrial Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join our Avoca business at our Menomonee Falls, WI site. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the manufacturing function. This position will report to the site's Plant Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Optimizes existing processes by performing trials on lab, pilot and production scale fermenters and product recovery equipment to improve product yield, quality, efficiencies, economics, safety, etc.
• Product recovery unit operations include centrifugation, MF, UF, solvent extraction, continuous and batch distillation.
• Transfers and/or scales up fermentations and recovery processes from customers’ pilot or production scale.
• Troubleshoots production/equipment problems with chemical operators, maintenance staff and co-workers.
• Performs laboratory experiments to develop/validate new or improved processes and to troubleshoot processes.
• Maintains SAP recipes and associated Bills of Material (BOMs) per intermediate/product. Prepares new (and updates) process Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as needed.
• Prepares technical summary reports for internal use and for customers for first-time production-scale processes and pilot trials.
• Applies new technologies to current and new processes (e.g., unit operations, process control).
• Trains production staff on operating procedures and product processing procedures as needed.
• Manages some capital projects.
• Incorporates safety considerations and quality/environmental controls in all aspects of one’s duties.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering with 5 years experience in pilot and production environments plus:
• 5 years experience in a life science production scale environment
• Familiarity with fermentation and downstream processing equipment and associated scale-up.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
• Master degree or above
• Strong communication skills
• 5+ years experience in a fermentation contract manufacturing
• Familiar with DeltaV(TM) process control software
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position