Location: Milwaukee WI
Company Name: Randstad
Occupational Category: 19-4041.02,Geological Sample Test Technicians
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Currently seeking an Engineering Test Technician for a contract-to-hire basis. Candidates will be expected to work with the testing team to design, set up, and run experiments to test products for both internal and external customers. Qualified candidates should have an High School Equivalent; Associates Degree prefered and 5+ experience of hands on Mechanical and Electrical system testing.
• Perform independent evaluation or validation of products or parts by establishing operating conditions, devising, setting up and executing performance tests.
• Ensure test instruction compliance and safety standards are met. Compliance with and development of Standard Operating Procedures to streamline tasks.
• Record and analyze test data. Clearly summarize and communicate product performance.
• Ensure safe and efficient operation of testing equipment by completing preventative maintenance procedures, troubleshooting malfunctions, scheduling repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and performing calibrations.
• Coordinate test activity through proactive interaction and teamwork with internal/external departments, individuals or vendors.
• Problem solving is a key aspect of the position, and requires creative thinking, ingenuity, strong data collecting and analytical skills, and the application of scientific principles to solve problems.
• High school diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree strongly preferred.
• Experience with hands on mechanical and electrical system testing. Strong mechanical aptitude. 5 years of demonstrated experience required.
• Experience with precision measurement systems including calipers, vernier micrometers, bore micrometers, dial indicators, and torque measurement devices.
• Knowledge of data acquisition systems and measurement instrumentation.
• Some overnight travel may be required