Location: Milwaukee WI
Company Name: Clarios
Occupational Category: 11-1021.00,General and Operations Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Global Industrial Hygiene Program Leader - WD30074882172
What you will do
Lead initiatives for the health and safety of the workforce by monitoring and evaluating industrial hygiene programs globally to resolve and improve potential health risks. In this role, you will work with health and safety, occupational health and Mechanical Engineering to initiate improvements and develop and implement policies and programs to mitigate risks and improve health and safety conditions.
How you will do it
• Create and execute effective industrial hygiene programs and studies to monitor and assess employee exposure to current and potential health factors and to measure effectiveness of programs and procedures in accordance with Clarios Manufacturing System, ACGIH and other applicable IH standards;
• Advise and collaborate with leadership to identify and resolve occupation health issues;
• Develop strategies to reduce and eliminate health and wellness risks within the workplace, ranging from air filtration, ventilation, engineering controls, PPE, etc.;
• Drive Clarios Best Business Practices and oversee its incorporation into the Clarios Management System;
• Educate and train Regional and Plant safety personnel in effective industrial hygiene and ventilation practices and procedures;
• Maintain current awareness of applicable International, Federal, State and local health, industrial hygiene and safety regulations;
• Lead efforts to effectively manage legal, governmental and company industrial hygiene records according to standards;
• Review all manufacturing and support operations to assure ongoing, effective industrial hygiene practices.
• Assess and analyze data, summarize statistics and compile reports for improvement initiatives;
• Maintains professional competency through participation in professional education and training programs and completion of any necessary requirements to maintain professional credentials;
• Perform other duties as assigned;
• Up to 50% travel may be required for investigations and improvement initiatives.
What we look for
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Chemistry or related field required;
• Certified Industrial Hygienist, or equivalent International accreditation;
• Minimum 10 years of experience in an industrial hygiene role in a manufacturing environment;
• Previous experience in heavy industrial environment highly preferred;
• Proficient knowledge of relevant laws, policies and procedures;
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written;
• Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks;
• Previous experience with OSHA, ACGIH, or other equivalent international organizations.
Who we are
At Clarios, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Job Risk Management / Health, Safety, & Environment
Organization Power Solutions