Location: Milwaukee WI
Company Name: Bostik
Occupational Category: 13-1081.00,Logisticians
Date Posted: 2020-04-03
Valid Through: 2020-04-23
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
BOSTIK is hiring! We are currently looking for a International Logistics Specialist for our Wauwatosa, WI location.
The International Logistics Specialist is a key position in the Supply Chain Organization. It reports directly to the Logistics Management Leader and requires a high degree of interaction with both internal affiliates and external trading partners and logistics service providers.
We seek people who want to be part of a growing, world-class organization. We also offer comprehensive benefits effective DAY 1! "Stick" with us!
• Practice good ergonomic and safe work habits in accordance to OSHA, EPA, and Bostik EHS guidelines.
• Understand and comply with all relevant trade compliance policies and procedures.
• Establish and implement corrective/preventive actions to continually improve process performance.
• Assist in the development of systems, procedures, and work instructions for the import and export processes, with a focus on continuous process improvement.
• Maintain/validate ERP master record data.
• Assist the Trade Compliance Specialist to manage free trade product certifications, and other certifications as appropriate.
• Carry out import and export processes and transactions through customs clearance and delivery; ensure timely, accurate, and compliant completion of import and export information and documentation. Complete post import and export audit.
• Assist with the implementation and continuous improvement of management systems to train and instruct, and to control the flow of information, for international supply chain operations.
• Support Bostik's supply management, customer service, sales group, shipping/receiving personnel, and other work associates by providing technical expertise, and/or industry knowledge or resources.
• Ensure internal IT programs are sufficient to fulfill customer, regulatory, and logistical requirements.
• Maintain internal and external document integrity with respect to form and content.
• Establish and accomplish team and individual objectives, as agreed upon. Identify and carry out self development and training to continually improve business acumen.
• Provide back up to other International Logistics Team members to perform activities including but not limited to import logistics, export logistics and export customer fulfillment. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Complete Puresafety training in a timely manner.
Key focus areas are (1) import and export logistics documentations, transactions, analytics and reporting; (2) logistics service provider selection, performance and cost control; and (3) export shipments including fulfilment of demand of Bostik Affiliates and customers overseas. Also responsible for streamlining import and export logistics process, insuring compliance to trade regulation for all import and export shipments, and improving logistics cost and efficiency of work practices.
Context and Environment:
• A fast paced environment where accuracy and responsiveness are essential. Simultaneous competing priorities require effective and efficient multi-tasking to succeed.
• Cross functional, matrix organization that values personal commitment to safety and effective adaptation of individual work style to leverage diverse cultures, aptitudes, and methods of operating.
• Both 1:1 collaboration and project team environment with timely follow through with stakeholders and meeting personal commitments are important to obtain optimum results.
• Assure organizational compliance for international trade regulation.
• Fulfill import and export requirements including shipments associated with Bostik affiliates and customer locations overseas.
• Leverage capabilities to make a significant impact supply chain continuity, logistics cost, and reduce operational complexity.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent industry training or certification. Technically trained and experienced in import and export logistics.
• Minimum 2-3 years of hands-on international logistics work experience with a medium to large multi-facility organization.
• Knowledge of trade compliance, and DOT/IATA/IMDG hazardous material regulations.
• Demonstrated effective problem solving and project management skills.
• Demonstrated systems proficiency with MRP/ERP systems; SAP experience a plus. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills with ability to multi task.
• Strong interpersonal skills; enjoys working in a collaborative team environment and has the ability to train and lead others. Ability to work with diverse personalities and cultures while remaining tactful, professional and flexible.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Self motivated with a high level work ethic; holds self accountable and responsible.
About Bostik- Smart Adhesives
With our eyes on the future, Bostik is driven to develop smart adhesives - enabling us to anticipate needs, create value, and shape new capabilities. We are not the right place for everyone. We ARE right for those who work collaboratively to think and act boldly beyond today. Put your potential to work to increase our collective expertise, powered by a spirit of innovation.
As one of the largest adhesive and sealant companies in the world, Bostik designs, manufactures, and markets bonding solutions within a variety of Global Business Units: Industrial Adhesives (Converting, Assembly, Packaging, Transportation, Flexible Packaging and Industrial Laminations); Consumer and Construction (Flooring Installation Systems, Construction Sealants and Adhesives); and Nonwovens (Disposable Hygiene).
Bostik is well positioned as part of Arkema's High Performance Materials segment. A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day.
Make a difference with Bostik. Build a career with purpose. Experience the impact powerful bonds can make - at a place where you can feel at home.
Compliance: Bostik is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information had been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Associated topics: director, generalist, inventory control, logistics management, logistics manager, logistics specialist, representative, warehouse, warehouse analyst, warehouse manager