Location: Mooresville NC
Company Name: San Mateo County
Occupational Category: 33-3021.03,Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
Date Posted: 2020-02-19
Valid Through: 2020-03-20
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Description of Work
• ****The Recruitment Range for this position is $48,051 - $56,375. *****
The Secretary of State Law Enforcement Agent conducts investigations of criminal trademark violations and violations of other statutes within the Secretary's jurisdiction. The agent must be experienced in criminal investigations, conducting interviews, writing reports, preparing and executing search warrants, and organizing criminal cases. This is a sworn position that requires certification by the N.C. Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission. The agent will report directly to the Special Agent in Charge. This agent will be based in Raleigh and work primarily in eastern North Carolina.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
• Ability to investigate violations of the trademark statute and initiate investigations when violations are identified.
• Experience in criminal investigations, in-depth knowledge of investigative techniques, arrest, search, seizure, the collection and preservation of evidence,interview and interrogation.
• Ability to document investigative activity in a police records system, prepare detailed investigative reports and organized case files, prepare and execute search warrants, testify in court, and interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds in the general public, law enforcement, and the criminal justice system.
• Ability to conduct online investigations.
• Ability to travel throughout the state, workindependently with minimalsupervision, and establish effectiveworking relationships with local, state and federal law enforcementpartners, prosecutors, judges, and private industry trademarkrepresentatives.
• Ability to seize, document, package andtransport heavy evidence, operate a law enforcement vehicle, make arrests, and transport and process suspects.
• The agent must maintain statecertification as a law enforcement officer.
• Must have knowledge ofNorth Carolina laws and criminal procedures and the ability to take complex fact patterns and make appropriatecharging decisions.
• The agent is required to complete mandated state and agency training requirements. The agent willbe required to carry firearms and qualify annually according todepartmental requirements.
• Experience in digital forensic investigations. Management prefers familiarity with investigating intellectual property crimes. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor s degree and/or equivalent combination of training and three years experience. Qualified for certification as a Law Enforcement Officer in accordance with the provisions of the North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions. Supplemental and Contact Information
Associated topics: crime scene, detective, fingerprint, inspector, investigate, investigation, investigative, investigator