Location: Mooresville NC
Company Name: OrthoCarolina
Occupational Category: 19-4021.00,Biological Technicians
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
At OrthoCarolina, our team is our greatest asset and the foundation of our success; we share a common passion for making lives better. We are a diverse group of individuals, accountable to each other through the backbone of our beliefs: trust, honesty and mutual respect; ensuring our voice is heard. Our positive environment supports individual growth and a sense of belonging. Our employees work together to uphold the standards of excellence and promote and environment of teamwork throughout the organization.
If these attributes align with the job culture you are seeking - then OrthoCarolina might be the right fit for you!
We are currently searching for a Orthopedic Technician I at our Mooresville location. In this role you will be responsible for the cast management of patients and the facilitation of patient flow in the hall/module. The major scope of this position is the removal and application of numerous and various types of casts, DME, and splints. This position also requires completing various forms and waivers for DME per OrthoCarolina policies and procedures.
Other responsibilities include:
• Provides quality orthopedic care for patients requiring immobilization including: applying, removing, and assessing the need for change of all types of orthopedic casts and immobilization devices, removal of sutures and or staple, and application of DME supplies under the direction of a physician/provider. Provides aseptic dressing changes and has the ability to set up surgical/sterile fields. Documents the application/removal of casts/splints/DME in TouchWorks.
• Provides excellent customer service by educating patients/families regarding application/wearing of orthotic devices and serves as resource for patients. Documents the above in TouchWorks.
• Maintains patient care environment including: orders, receives and stores supplies/medications; cleans/stocks exam and procedure rooms; assists in the cleaning and sterilization of instruments in autoclave. Maintains cleanliness of cast room, supplies in the cast room, clinical areas and patient rooms.
A career at OrthoCarolina will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support, and continuing education. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment. Additional benefits as a Certified Medical Assistant include:
• Competitive salary package
• Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Life insurance
• Short/Long term disability insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Voluntary Home/Auto insurance
• Voluntary Accident/Cancer insurance
• Voluntary Legal Shield/Identity Theft
• Health Advocate - Employee Benefit Resource
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Profit sharing plan
OrthoCarolina is one of the nation's leading independent academic orthopedics practices serving North Carolina and the Southeast since 1922. OrthoCarolina provides compassionate and comprehensive musculoskeletal care including operative and non-operative care, diagnostic imaging and rehabilitative therapy. Widely known for musculoskeletal research and training, OrthoCarolina physicians have specialized expertise in foot and ankle, hip and knee, shoulder and elbow, spine, sports medicine, hand, pediatric orthopedics, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We commit to improving the lives of all we serve, by providing premier patient care and compassionate, personalized service. Over 300 OrthoCarolina providers see more than one million patient visits throughout North and South Carolina each year.
OrthoCarolina. You. Improved.Employee TypeRegular
QualificationsSkillsEducationCertificationsOrthopedic Technologist Certification - Orthopedic Technologist CertificationLanguageWork Experience