Location: Nashville TN
Company Name: Vanderbilt University
Occupational Category: 43-6014.00,Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Administrative Assistant, Pediatric Endocrinology (1912230)
Administrative Assistant, (Pediatric Endocrinology)
Job Description: Perform administrative and budget related duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of departmental, division or other organization unit activities, which requires a thorough knowledge of University policies and procedures. May perform secretarial duties, manage calendars, and support faculty scholarly activity including presentation preparation and grant administrative support. Basic Qualifications: This position requires a minimum of 24 months of relevant experience, strong work-ethic, with a proactive, positive disposition and excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
Daily Key Functions and Expected Performances:
• Administrative management of clinical fellows and MD/PhD students including all revenue and expenses related to fellows.
• Coordinates CME & CNE requirements for all conferences working directly with the Division of CME.
• Miscellaneous items to include preparation and editing of power point presentations.
• Answer main phone line
• Get mail every day and distribute
• Sign for packages
• Assist in updating CVs, biosketches, and other support pages
• Assist in support of faculty scholarly activity including PowerPoint presentations.
• Administrative support when needed by faculty of Pediatric Endocrinology such as copying, faxing, scanning and filing
• Coordinate division purchasing and reimbursement via eProcurement and Concur reimbursements
• Maintain Sharepoint tracking spreadsheets as required
• Inventory office supplies/replacement ink cartridge
• Schedule meetings for faculty members within the division as requested
• Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
Non-Exempt/Day Shift (Full Time)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
• US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
• Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
• Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
• The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
• National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
• American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
• Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
• Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
• American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
• Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
• Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
• Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
• Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
• Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
• Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
• Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
• Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
• Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
• Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
• Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
• Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
• Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
• Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
• Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
• Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area