Location: Nashville TN
Company Name: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Occupational Category: 29-1141.00,Registered Nurses
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
· The Assistant Manager, Patient Care Services is a direct supervisory
leadership role that is a key member of the Nursing leadership team.
· Leads staff members and actively participates in overall management of
the area, development of clinical practice, and provision of patient care with
accountabilities for implementation and outcomes for people leadership,
quality, service, compliance, finance, throughput and scheduling.
· Ensures the unit's optimal performance by engaging in effective problem
solving for staff, patients and families and to develop/lead the assigned
· Provides feedback and coaching to staff members, recognizing them for
their contributions while fostering a high-performance culture.
· Under the guidance and direction of the manager, develops, implements
and evaluates systems that promote cost effective quality patient care.
Preferred Education,Skills, and Experiences:
· Graduate of an approved Nursing Program
· Active Tennessee RN license
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2+ years of RN experience (acute Nursing
· Diabetic / Endocrinology or similar nursing
experience highly desired
· Supervisory / Leadership experience in a
healthcare environment required
(outpatient environment highly desired)
• Under guidance of manager,implements area specific quality planned linked to the organizations goals.
• Develops, manages and evaluatesarea based on work team performance.
• Manages projects/on-going workactivities (timelines, work plans, deliverables) and maintains alignmentwith strategic plan and vision.
• Acts as clinical leader andfacilitates education for staff on clinical standards; routinely providesguidance/coaching to subordinates/peers within clinical specialty(ies).
• Ensures that clinicalassignments are based on patient care needs and demonstrated staffcompetencies.
• The responsibilities listed area general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP - (NOVICE): - Sets the example in challenging and difficult
situations. Can demonstrate different leadership styles, such as supportive and
authoritative, as individuals and situations require it. Communicates team and
unit goals clearly and effectively. Is receptive to ideas and suggestions from
team members. Shows leadership and initiative in situations where supervision
is not present or required.
OPERATIONS PLANNING - (NOVICE): - Demonstrates ability to realistically
anticipate resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define
dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within
areas of direct responsibility. Appropriately matches equipment and capital
resources to task demands. Achieves results within budget. Competently handles
multiple assignments simultaneously. Reshapes project during life-cycle evolution,
if needed. Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and
measurable units. Accepts changes to assignments with minimal disruption and
loss of productivity. Able to absorb changes to major assignments while
maintaining a high level of performance. Uses available time efficiently.
Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT - (NOVICE): - Conducts performance reviews. Effectively
delegates tasks to others. Coaches subordinates on technical and interpersonal
topics, as well as professional development. Demonstrates team building
techniques and provides leadership through personal example of good work
habits, open communication and effective people relationships. Involves
subordinates in decisions which affect them. Demonstrates self-reliance and
resourcefulness as an example to others.
COMPLIANCE - (NOVICE): - Can explain and apply basic statutory
instructions in normal situations on the job. Understands the principles upon
which the rules and regulations are based. Appropriately escalates problems
relating to rules and regulations in timely and effective manner.
BUSINESS RESULTS - (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Implements appropriate
measures for attaining business results and tracks progress in meeting goals
and objectives. Demonstrates the ability to deliver products and services on
time, within budget, and in accordance with organizational standards and goals.
Continuously demonstrates a strong focus on quality. Responds effectively to
customer or client needs. Recognizes incipient problems and communicates them
QUALITY MANAGEMENT - (NOVICE): - Has provided continuous analysis and
evaluation of assignment work processes, constantly striving for improvement in
the way tasks and activities are accomplished by questioning their value to the
process and contributing creative solutions. Has participated in the process of
establishing, communicating and monitoring standards for quality and
excellence. Demonstrates the ability to actually work on and improve a current
business process, product or service.
• Organizational Impact: Plansand sets day to day objectives for the team that have a direct effect onthe results of the department or area that the job is in.
• Problem Solving/ Complexity ofwork: Resolves technical and operational problems within providedguidelines.
• Breadth of Knowledge: Appliesadvanced subject matter knowledge within a specific technical area andbasic management knowledge to support the team.
• Team Interaction: Leads/supervisesa unit within a department or a small department. Typically without budgetor hire/fire authority. Role is typically a 'working' supervisor.
• * Develops Self and Others:Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to helpimprove performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
• * Builds and MaintainsRelationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues andstakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthenrelationships.
• * Communicates Effectively:Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication styleto suit different situations and audiences.
• * Serves Others withCompassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevantstakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
• * Solves Complex Problems:Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities tointerpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
• * Offers Meaningful Advice andSupport: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner toincrease employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY
• * Performs Excellent Work:Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directlyaddresses quality issues promptly.
• * Ensures ContinuousImprovement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyondsymptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways toresolve them.
• * Fulfills Safety and RegulatoryRequirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment andperforms routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
• * Demonstrates Accountability:Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issuesto closure.
• * Stewards OrganizationalResources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectivelymanage resources for a department/area.
• * Makes Data Driven Decisions:Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identifyand elevate opportunities.
• * Generates New Ideas:Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources ormethods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
• * Applies Technology:Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, andprocedures to address short-term challenges.
• * Adapts to Change: Viewsdifficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement;actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Monday – Friday; Days
Department | UnitSummary:
The Eskind Diabetes Clinic at Vanderbilt
University Medical Center diagnoses and treats adults with diabetes. Our
specialists will assess your overall health and develop a personalized plan to
manage your diabetes. From the latest in technology to diabetes self-management,
you and your family will have all you need to live well with diabetes.
here to learn more about the Eskind Diabetes Clinic: https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/diabetes/12782
here to learn about our vision of Defining Personalized Care
Discover VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center:
Located in Nashville,
Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and
patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work
each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your
expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities
challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning
and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they
are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in
their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission
is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,
education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is
essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in
patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and
science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent
health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC
· NursingCareers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· OurNursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· OurNursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· SharedGovernance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education& Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· LifeIn Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
· VUMCNursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Specialty
Clinics, Diabetes, Diabetic, Endocrine, Thyroid, Podiatry, day shift, leadership
Other : Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and 2 years relevant experience.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
• Registered Nurse Required
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
• Medium Work category requiring exertion up to 50lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20 of force frequently and/or up to 10 of force continually to move objects.
• Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
• Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
• Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
• Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
• Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
• Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
• Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
• Occasional: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
• Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
• Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
• Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
• Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
• Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
• Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
• Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
• Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
• Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
• Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
• Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
• Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
• Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
• Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
• Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
• Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
Job Nurse Management/Administration
Organization: Eskind Diabetes Admin 203580
Title: Assistant Nurse Manager ~ Eskind Diabetes & Endocrinology Clinic
Location: TN-Nashville-Medical Center East (MCE) - South Tower
Requisition ID: 1907429
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action