Location: Nashville TN
Company Name: Vanderbilt University
Occupational Category: 31-9092.00,Medical Assistants
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Discover VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center:
Located in Nashville,
Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and
patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work
each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your
expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities
challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they
are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in
their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission
is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,
education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The Vanderbilt Eskind Diabetes Center is
an internationally acclaimed facility that offers comprehensive care to both
adults and children with diabetes. It offers a team approach to care that
includes diabetes specialists, diabetes educators and nutritionists. For
teenagers with diabetes, it also provides a seamless transition from pediatric
to adult care.
The Vanderbilt Eskind Diabetes Center is one of only
three diabetes centers in the U.S. accredited by the American Diabetes
Association for treating adult, children's and gestational diabetes. We are one
of the top five diabetes centers nationally for number of patients treated.
Provides service to
patient either pre-appointment, during or post appointment with regular
guidance. Responsibilities may include inbound/outbound telephone calls, cash
management, appointment scheduling, process of insurance updates and patient
Key Responsibilities :
• Conducts patient check-in andcheck-out.
• Schedules appointments throughclinical communication or direct request.
• Provides positive firstimpressions utilizing customer service skills.
• Ensures point of servicecollections.
• Manages reception area,maintains orderly appearance of reception area; ensures method foraccountability of each patient check-in; proactively communicates appointmentupdates with patients.
• The responsibilities listed area general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.Preferred Education,Skills, and Experiences:
• Strong customer serviceexperience is critical for this position
• Telephone etiquette
• Ability to get the job done andmaintain a smooth clinic flow
• Team player
• Medical office / clinicexperience highly desired
• Internal candidates preferred
• Familiar with EPIC
CUSTOMER SERVICE (NOVICE): - A continuing focus on the needs and
requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to
customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
PATIENT SCHEDULING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - The ability to coordinate
and schedule patient appointments, surgeries and other office visits with
various computer systems in the hospital or clinic.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - The
ability to comprehend medical terminology and documentation in an office, or
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - The ability to receive
and record patient information.
• Organizational Impact: Performsclearly defined tasks and methods described in detail to achievestandardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance.
• Problem Solving/ Complexity ofwork: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems wheresolutions are clearly prescribed.
• Breadth of Knowledge: Has basicjob knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job.
• Team Interaction: Individuallycontributes to the team.
• - Develops Self and Others:Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
• - Builds and MaintainsRelationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working stylesand develops relationships across areas.
• - Communicates Effectively:Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear andcourteous manner.DELIVERING EXCELLENT
• - Serves Others withCompassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others andhow to provide excellent service.
• - Solves Complex Problems:Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises properconcerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
• - Offers Meaningful Advice andSupport: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurateinformation and support.ENSURING HIGH QUALITY
• - Performs Excellent Work:Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meetquality standards Ensures continuous improvement.
• - Ensures ContinuousImprovement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, toolsor systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
• - Fulfills Safety andRegulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions thataffect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person ordepartment.MANAGING RESOURCES
• - Demonstrates Accountability:Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyondstandard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
• - Stewards OrganizationalResources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmentalresources.
• - Makes Data Driven Decisions:Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieveresults on time and without error.FOSTERING INNOVATION
• - Generates New Ideas:Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impactday-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
• - Applies Technology: Absorbsnew technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate toolsand procedures to ensure proper course of action.
• - Adapts to Change: Embraceschange by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates changeinstructions into own area of work.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. are the office hours; however, this position
is PRN. The candidate selected will work on an as needed / PRN basis.
Because we are committed
to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of
our recent accomplishments:
USNews & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care
Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties
ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
TruvenHealth Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
Becker'sHospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in
TheLeapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
NationalInstitutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical
research in the US
AmericanAssociation for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members
elected fellows in 2014
MagnetRecognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in
NashvilleBusiness Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
AmericanHospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical
systems in the US
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant experience.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
• Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.Movement
• Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
• Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
• Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
• Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
• Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
• Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
• Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
• Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
• Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
• Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
• Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
• Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.Sensor