Location: Nashville TN
Company Name: ISEC
Occupational Category: 47-2031.01,Construction Carpenters
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
REPORTS TO: Foreman
This position requires the employee to work with their hands while engaged in manual labor. Responsible for assisting carpenters and installers.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Installation of AWW, PL + Metal casework, fume hoods, DFH, misc. specialties.
• Preplanning: tools needed, materials, installation techniques that is the fastest and safest way possible.Safety Responsibility
• Responsible to follow and participate in the ISEC Safety Program and adhere to the ISEC Safety Promise.
• Perform their jobs in the safest manner prescribed Never put themselves in harm's way.
• Conduct themselves in a way that enhances their personal safety and that of their coworkers contributing to a positive work environment.
• Report workplace hazards and make suggestions for their control. Use Stop Work Authority and respect Stop Work Authority on job.
• Cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the safety program.
• Report all injuries and incidents as soon as possible.Preferred Qualifications
• Completed classwork from a technical school with a focus in carpentryKnowledge/Skills
• Ability to read blueprints
• 1-2 years' of experience in woodworking/carpentryMinimum Qualifications
• High School Education or Equivalent
• Demonstrated interest in carpentry/woodworkRequirements: Workers should be able to: Physically, workers must be able to: Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolds; Stoop, kneel, and crouch; Use hands and arms to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects; See well (either naturally or with correction); and lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Established in 1967, ISEC, Inc. is a leading national prime trades contractor for specialty building interiors and equipment. Our core values: commitment to customer, integrity, respect, safety, and teamwork are the cornerstone of our business. We provide innovative solutions to projects involving general trades, architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, specialties, laboratory furniture, and medical equipment. This diverse capability allows us to participate in a variety of complex commercial trade packages.
A $300 million a year business, we are an employee-owned company. Headquartered in Greenwood Village, CO, we have regional offices near Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Phoenix and DC; as well as in San Diego, LA, Houston, San Antonio and Tampa. With close to 1,200 construction professionals and craftsmen, we are a great place to grow your career.
ISEC is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information on ISEC, or to review our FMLA notice, please visit our web site: www.isecinc.com.
Information to the Applicant:
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.
Associated topics: ayudante de carpintero, cabinetry, carpentry, carpintero, craftsman, furniture, handyman, stencil, wood, woodworker