Location: Nashville TN
Company Name: Belmont University
Occupational Category: 11-3021.00,Computer and Information Systems Managers
Date Posted: 2020-04-03
Valid Through: 2020-04-23
Employment Type: PART_TIME
Primary Duties and
• Assigned up to nine workload hours per semester.
• Create syllabus, timeline of classes, for students each semester.
• Provide meeting time for students.
• Manage online grading system and submit grades in a timely fashion.
• Abide by all relevant university and/or department procedures and policies.
• The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Belmont University seeks to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service.
• Knowledge of principles, methods and current developments in the field of study.
• Knowledge of subject matter and course content taught.
• Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to support, instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate students.
• Skilled in the use of computers, Internet resources, and MS Office software.
• Ability to learn relevant sections of BannerWeb, Belmont University’s online integrated database system for student grading.
• Ability to integrate technology into the teaching and learning process.
• Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of the programs and services offered by Belmont University.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
Master's degree in specific discipline. PhD preferred.
Higher education teaching experience preferred.
Employment Type: Adjunct (part time)
Internal Job Category: Adjunct
Department: Business Systems & Analytics