Location: Nashville TN
Company Name: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Occupational Category: 11-9199.00,Managers, All Other
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) is searching for a IT Project Manager to join it's team to lead & manage multiple IT project initiatives. This is a full-time position (directly with VUMC), so if you're searching for that next great job opportunity, with real career growth potential AND an employer that will actually treat you as well as you deserve ...then we encourage you to apply today at the link below and we will be in touch with all qualified candidates.
This is a full-time position with VUMC - IT and part of a dynamic technology team that supports the entire enterprise. This role includes a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary and career growth.
For immediate consideration, your background should include experience with IT infrastructure environments including servers, data storage, networking, SQL Server and Oracle databases.
• Coordinates and oversees all phases of the project.
• Ensure timely completion of tasks in line with project objectives.
• Provide customers and leadership support through project management.
• The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PROJECT COMMUNICATIONS (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of project communications in practical applications of a difficult nature. Effectively transmits technical and business ideas and information to others, including non-technical audiences. Shares knowledge, ideas and information openly, and effectively sells new ideas and influences others. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering project communications without requiring support and instruction from others.
PROJECT COORDINATION - (INTERMEDIATE):- Performs project tracking and reporting relative to task completion dates, dependency effects, problem anticipation, schedule conflicts, and assignment to appropriate staff for resolution. Manages prioritization procedures for changing scope [i.e., change management] and project acceptance procedures. Measures progress toward goals and revises project objectives and documents applying change control procedures. Assumes responsibility [as appropriate] for resolving issues and seeing work through to successful completion. Provides training to project managers and others on project related templates and toolsets. Develops methods to measure customer satisfaction and obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure project efforts meet customer expectations.
PROJECT ISSUES MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of Issues Management in practical applications of a difficult nature. Adept at identifying issues before they become problems and assigning those issues to the right people at the right time. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully managing internal project issues without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to anticipate and resolve unplanned project issues as they arise.
PROJECT PLANNING - (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates ability to forecast complex resource needs, identify and break work down into discrete and measurable tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, prepare acceptance criteria and organize work for one or more large projects. Plans for and anticipates events outside of immediate responsibility. Anticipates problems and obstacles before they arise. Sets priorities with a proper sense of urgency and importance. Develops creative ideas and takes innovative action to achieve planned goals and objectives. Is proficient in the use of project management tools.
• Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
• Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
• Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
• Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
• Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
• Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
• Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
• Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
• Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
• Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
• Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
• Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
• Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY:
• Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
• Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
• Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
• Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
• Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
• Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
• US News & World Report:#1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
• Truven Health Analytics:among the top 100 hospitals in the US
• Becker's Hospital Review:one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
• The Leapfrog Group:grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
• National Institutes of Health:among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Great organization, Great opportunity, so please apply now for immediate consideration and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This is a full-time position based in Nashville, TN
The views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, and they may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes