Location: Nashville TN
Company Name: Parallon
Occupational Category: 29-2071.00,Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
Date Posted: 2020-02-21
Valid Through: 2020-03-22
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Summit Medical Center
Hermitage, TN 37076
TriStar Summit Medical Center is a 200-bed HCA Healthcare facility in Hermitage, Tennessee. The hospital offers comprehensive services, including emergency care, women's services, cardiovascular care, and surgical services.
The Center has earned many awards and accreditations, like certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Staff members say that TriStar Summit Medical Center is a great place to work because of its supportive management, excellent company culture, and emphasis on teamwork.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking to add another Medical Records Clerk to our family. Unlock your potential here!
As a Medical Records Clerk, you will work directly in the facility supporting our Health Information Management team. What you will do in this role:
• Retrieve discharged medical records from units and reconciles them using MEDITECH compiled reports and/or automated reconciliation to ensure that all records are accounted for and ready by the deadline for daily pickup by the courier.
• Place reconciled records in the designated courier bins for the courier to retrieve and deliver to Document Imaging.
• Batch, label and route loose reports, late charts and/or late documentation to Document Imaging.
• Scan and index loose reports/documents that are identified as critical to coding and prioritize them
• May perform routine data entry to assist in updating applicable unbilled reason codes
• Coordinate the retrieval and printing of medical records from storage
• Assist customers with ROI requests ensuring the validity and authorization of the requestQualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 1 year experience in an office or hospital environment preferred
• Previous experience in the handling of patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why after more than a decade Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services