Location: Nashville TN
Company Name: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Occupational Category: 29-1126.00,Respiratory Therapists
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
JOB CODE INFORMATION:
1. Title: Respiratory Therapist Reg
2. Job Code: 5581
3. Job Stream Description: Professional
4. Title: Respiratory Therapist Reg
5. Job Code: 5581
6. Job Stream Description: Professional
Performs routine respiratory care procedures in the acute care, critical care and outpatient environment; perform respiratory care assessments and diagnostic testing procedures associated with respiratory care under occasional guidance.
• Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation.
• Provides education for students in affiliated clinical training programs as well as patients and families.
• The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES:
VENTILATOR MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate ventilator management in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
AIRWAY ESTABLISHING / MANUAL RESUSCITATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate airway establishing / manual resuscitation in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
LABORATORY TESTING & ANALYSIS (NOVICE): - Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of the primary laboratory tests required by the department to successfully meet work objectives. Understands the core functions and features of the core laboratory tests. Able to interpret results of the test under general supervision.
RESPIRATORY THERAPEUTIC PROCEDURES (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate respiratory therapeutic procedures in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
• Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
• Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
• Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
• Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.CORE CAPABILITIES:
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
• - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
• - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
• - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
• - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
• - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
• - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
• - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
• - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
• - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
• - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
• - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
• - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
• - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
• - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
• - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant industry
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
• Registered Reparatory Therapist Required
• National Board Respiratory Care RequiredPhysical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
• Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.Movement
• Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
• Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
• Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
• Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
• Occasional: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
• Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
• Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
• Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
• Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
• Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
• Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
• Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
• Frequent: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
• Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
• Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
• Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
• Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.Sensory
• Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
• Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
• Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
• Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.Environmental Conditions
• Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
• Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.Job Respiratory/Anesthesia
Organization: Peds Respiratory Care 209559
Title: Respiratory Therapist Reg
Location: TN-Nashville-Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
Requisition ID: 1904778
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action