Location: New Braunfels TX
Company Name: International Paper
Occupational Category: 49-9071.00,Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position is responsible for safely providing maintenance support to our San Antonio Sheets facility in San Antonio, Texas.
Shift: Will be training on various shifts (7-3, 3-11, 11-7) but will be permanently on 3rd once trained (11pm-7am).
• Utilize both excellent mechanical skills and knowledge (pneumatics, hydraulics, bearing, power transmission, lubrication)
• Must have electrical/electronic skills and knowledge (PLCs, A/C, motors and drives, schematics) in our continuous process manufacturing environment to achieve machine uptime metrics.
• Work positively with maintenance and operations teams to troubleshoot and solve problems.
• Engage in preventative maintenance processes in assigned areas.
• On-the-job success in safety, attendance and quality of work expected.
• Maintenance experience in corrugated a plus. Strong knowledge of lubrication, hydraulics, welding, pneumatic, electrical and electronics technologies.
• Excellent teamwork, cooperation and problem solving skills.
• Willingness to fully cross-train in other technical areas to enhance capabilities.
• Willing and able to work flexible shifts, if needed.
• Able to work with computer system for maintenance processes and work orders.
• KEY COMPETENCIES:
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interface with employees and customers.
• Ability to adapt to change.
• Ability to solve problems and prioritize work.
• Ability to bend, squat, kneel and climb frequently.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work varied hours/days.
• Ability to lift average weighted materials, 50 lbs up to 70 lbs occasionally.
• H.S. diploma or GED
• Must pass pre-employment maintenance tests
• 2 years of maintenance experience in an industrial environment
• Experience programming/troubleshooting PLC Equipment in an industrial environment
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans