Location: Norfolk VA
Company Name: LCE
Occupational Category: 11-2031.00,Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Life Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, net-centric solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education. www.LCE.com
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
Currently, LCE is seeking a Work Control Manager who will work in Japan for months at a time. Relocation is not required for this position. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
Work Control Manager
The Work Control Manager will work in Yokosuka, Japan at the Naval Ship Repair Facility and Japan Regional Maintenance Center (SRF – JRMC). Qualified candidates for this role will leverage their previous shipyard maintenance and engineering experience to provide technical assistance in performing specified tasking in support of each maintenance or alteration item. Responsibilities include: Provide Work Control Manager support, Work Control/Test Program support, Work Control Coordination, Scheduling and Work Planning Management.
• Must be a US citizen with passport with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
Role & Responsibilities
• Provides Work Control Manager support, Work Control/Test Program support, Work Control Coordination, Scheduling and Work Planning Management.
• Reviews Job Summaries to identify and/or clarify work requiring WAFs (Work Authorization Forms), Work Package Review and associated planning functions, developing, writing and processing WAFs and the resulting TORS (Tag Out Records Sheets), Database input, maintenance and upkeep of WC related documents including WAF reviews and audits.
• Write, review and/or process Work Authorization Forms. Determine custody boundaries and develop tag-outs. Sign Tag-out Record Sheets as Repair Activity Representative. Provide posted tag checks.
• Maintain work control mapping boards. Provide database inputs and maintain work control related documents.
• Manage System Transfer coordination with ships force, contractors, installation teams and test engineering personnel d. Managing system take downs in support of production work and testing.
• Conduct meetings with ships force, contractors, installation teams and test engineering personnel in support of the work control and testing program.
Education & Experience
• At least 10 years waterfront leadership role experience for the maintenance and/or upgrade of U.S. Naval ships.
• Experience with Advanced Industrial Management (AIM) program for the development of Task Group Instructions (TGIs) and accomplishment of Job Summary reviews.
• Understands proper work breakdown structure for bubble chart approval.
• Organize and lead job scoping meetings.
• Understands Technical Authority.
• Understands Client requirements and able to generate, process, and review as necessary.
• Understands LAR requirements and able to generate, process, and review as necessary.
• Capable of understanding engineering drawings, and familiar with the application of NAVSEA and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) technical manual requirements.
• Coordinate the certification of key events for the overall availability certification.
• Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) of at least one of the three engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Structural, or Electrical/Electronics) with respect to U.S. Naval ship maintenance.
Physical Demands & Expectations
• Ability to travel and work in Japan for months at a time
• Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, prolonged sitting and lifting up to 50 pounds
• Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
• Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
• Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with plans for the whole family.
• Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
• Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
• Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
• Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
• Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
• Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
• Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
• Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
• Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
• Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A