Location: Oklahoma City OK
Company Name: Galt Foundation
Occupational Category: 43-5053.00,Postal Service Mail Sorters, Processors, and Processing Machine Operators
Date Posted: 2020-02-19
Valid Through: 2020-03-20
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Galt Foundation is a non-profit staffing agency. We place candidates in temporary, contract and long term assignments working for Government Entities (State, City, County, Metro, etc.)
We hire everybody out in the community. We will give priority in hiring to individuals with conditions and disabilities!
We are working towards a future in which every person with disability can live a productive life in the community of their choice – where each person can contribute and all of us are enriched by the experience.
Excellent Attendance is Required!
This is a 2-3 month contract, might extend!
Hourly wage for this position is $13.36 an hour.
This position is located in NE Portland, near Lloyd Center Area.
Schedule will be Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm with 1/2 hour lunch.
• Sorting and delivering mail and packages to various programs in an 11-story building
• Running the postage meter/processing the mail
• Operating the FedEx shipping manifest system
• Filling agency form request orders
• Lifting packages and boxes of various weight
• Utilize equipment such as carts, hand trucks and pallet jack
• Receive orders for WIC program materials; pull stock off of shelf, prep package and manifest shipping labels on the FedEx system.
• This may include using an ipad to update on-line records as orders are filled.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills -Microsoft Office, ability to operate the FedEx manifest machine and the ipad; client will train on specific use of these programs
• High level of attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Fast Learner
• Ability to follow direction and instructions
• Must participate with a criminal background check
• Must be 18 or older
• GREAT ATTENDANCE IS A MUST!
• This position is fairly active. Successful candidate will be able to lift and stand/walk for long periods of time.
Why work for Galt?
• Competitive Market Pay - $13.36 per hour
• 100% Employer Paid Medical and Dental Benefits.
• Vacation and Sick Pay.
• Great work - life balance, work Monday through Friday
We give first priority in hiring to individuals with verifiable conditions, including ongoing medical, physical and psychological conditions. Some condition examples may include:
• Psychological conditions: Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, PTSD, Learning disorders, etc.
• Medical conditions: Cancer, Diabetes, MS, etc.
• Physical conditions: Hearing impairments, Back injuries, Amputation, etc.
The Job Application Process
As an employer of people with disabilities, we understand assistance or accommodations may be required throughout your job application process. While we utilize online forms and electronic signatures throughout our online application and on-boarding process, should you need to complete intake paperwork in-person at a Galt Foundation office, you may indicate so by checking the "Accommodation Requested" box in the job application. If you do not require in-person intake assistance, after you complete this online job application, you will receive an email with next steps.
Note: all job applications take up to five (5) business days to process. This ensures we create equal opportunity for those that need or do not need in-person intake assistance.
About Galt Foundation
We provide, promote, and expand employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Founded in 1998, Galt Foundation is a social enterprise that provides temporary staffing services in Oklahoma, Oregon, and Pennsylvania.
We believe in the win-win. We match great organizations with loyal and motivated employees. Our experienced and skilled staff help organizations live their highest values while driving their success
Keywords: Galt Foundation jobs in Oklahoma City for Mail Clerk - Immediate Interviews, Mail Clerk placement, nearest jobs hiring, jobs hiring in Oklahoma City OK 73101