Location: Oklahoma City OK
Company Name: University of Oklahoma
Occupational Category: 25-1071.00,Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Staff Assistant - (Community Health & Wellness) (200272)
POSITION INFORMATION: Independently performs advanced-level administrative support duties as well as providingsupport to employees. Coordinates andcarries out special projects, report preparation, and research to facilitate anadministrative or academic staff member. May lead and support/clerical staff.
• Office Coordination. Assesses office procedures and makes necessary changes in order to improve office functioning processes. Assist staff in scheduling Executive Physical Clients, Biometric Screenings, RD Consultation scheduling. May assume responsibility to aid in deployment of training new staff, assigning, and checking work of employees and distributing training materials to various Executive Health Clinics and work sites. Performs administrative and secretarial support duties. Routes calls to appropriate personnel. Receives incoming calls for office personnel and records messages or responds to caller with routing information. Serves as a contact person for other employees or the outside public. Communicates with internal and external offices to obtain or share information. Works with coordinator to pay balances departmental bills and handle invoicing. Ensures administrative details are completed. Makes travel arrangements.
• Data Coordination and Report Preparation. Completes health data entry for spreadsheet and prepares HIPAA compliant reports for various Executive Health and Corporate Health and Wellness clients. Working with MA staff and Wellness Coordinators to develop reports and ensure accuracy. Prepares Executive Physical packets and ensures provider review prior to scheduling.
• Patient Scheduling and Location Coordination. Works with coordinators and manager to schedule and coordinate appointments for patients within Executive Health Clinic(s), Onsite Biometric Screenings at all campuses, and RD Nutrition Wellness consultations. Works with different departments at all service locations and employer work-sites to coordinate rooms, necessary equipment such as tables, chairs, etc. and necessary services to achieve a smooth and efficient process.
• Project Coordination. Coordinates and carries out projects or assignments requiring initiative, independent action and specialized knowledge or expertise. May include diversity and inclusion event planning, community outreach, chamber of commerce wellness coordination, producing in-house publications, performing public relations functions, etc.
• Report Preparation. Independently develops original drafts of materials using specialized knowledge. May assist manager and physicians in the preparation of reports or packets of information.
• Information Distribution. Provides information or counseling to students, employees, or the outside public. Independently responds to a variety of surveys, questionnaires and other requests for information. May help distribute mail, newsletters to department.
• File Maintenance. Creates and maintains patient records, reports, and files. Maintains office files that may be of a confidential nature such as HIPAA information, patient information, etc.
• Typing/ Correspondence. Types and proofreads letters, manuscripts, lectures, medical information, etc. Transcribes, copies, and distributes patient notes and letters. Takes minutes at various meetings. Reviews and responds to routine correspondence for the office personnel and sometimes in the name of the supervisor or physician. Drafts replies to such correspondence with minimal instruction
• As Needed. Performs related duties as assigned or as required to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a related field
Equivalent/ Substitution: 48 months of experience involving administrative, journalistic, or other related specialized responsibilities may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree