Location: Oklahoma City OK
Company Name: Oklahoma City Dodgers
Occupational Category: 11-2022.00,Sales Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Oklahoma City Dodgers are the Triple-A Pacific Coast League Affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark is located in the Bricktown entertainment district of downtown Oklahoma City and is consistently ranked among the top minor league ballparks in the country, including being named in the top-10 out of 160 MiLB parks nationwide in USA Today's Readers' Choice awards.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark has seen more than $8 million in improvements and additions over the past seven years, including a six-figure renovation to the Oklahoma Fidelity Bank Club prior to the 2017 season. Other improvements include a 185-foot LED wall in left field, the Budweiser Deck (accommodates 150 guests in an exclusive hospitality area), and a massive, high-definition video board - one of the 10 largest in all of minor-league baseball.
On the field, the OKC Dodgers are the beneficiaries of one of the deepest organizations in all of baseball and have won back-to-back American Northern Division Championships and were the American Conference Champions in 2016. And as a city, Oklahoma City was recently ranked in the top-10 by Business Insider as one of the most popular places to live in the United States and by Forbes as one of the top metro areas for wage growth.
The Oklahoma City Dodgers are the Triple-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. The OKC Dodgers are a professional, entertainment-friendly organization that thrives on unsurpassed customer service. You will be joining a smart, creative team.
As a Ticket Operations Intern, you will assist in a variety of tasks in the OKC Dodgers Ticket Office, including but not limited to selling tickets, assisting and supporting the Ticket Operations Manager and Director of Ticket Operations in overseeing game day ticket sellers, and learning and performing various ticket office operations.
You'll learn the ins and outs of a professional ticket office and be cross-trained in a variety of areas. See below for a full list of duties, qualifications, and requirements. We can't wait to bring on the latest superstar-in-training on board!
Job Functions will include but are not limited to:
• Assist with building price codes, season ticket plans, promo codes, and other Archtics programming needs
• Process ticket orders and update account info as needed
• Service internal requests such as ticket purchases, ticket reprints, and Will-Call
• Support Sales and Service staff with order processing, payments, and ticket fulfillment
• Assist with training and scheduling of ticket office staff
• Provide exceptional customer service to fans at all time
• Ticketmaster programming responsibilities
• Assist in the set-up, trouble shooting and maintaining events in Archtics and TM Host
• Serve as a resource for sales team as it relates to Ticketmaster Advanced Products
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Priority will be given to third- and fourth-year college students
• Studying Sport Management or related field preferred, but not required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be creative, enthusiastic and possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with Ticketmaster, Archtics are preferred but not required
• Must be available to work home games, special events such as the Bedlam Series, Big 12 Baseball Championship, High School Baseball Championships, Winter Events, etc.
• Must be excited to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
• How did you hear about this job?
• What is your ideal job, and how will an internship with the Oklahoma City Dodgers assist in reaching that goal