Location: Oklahoma City OK
Company Name: LifeShare of Oklahoma
Occupational Category: 49-2022.00,Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Tissue Recovery Technician
Job Location Oklahoma City-Tissue Recovery - Oklahoma City, OK
Position Type Per Diem
Education Level Certification-Surgical Technologist
Travel Percentage Negligible
Job Shift Any
Job Category Health Care
The Tissue Recovery Technician is responsible for using aseptic technique to assist and/or to perform the recovery of post-mortem tissue including bone, connective tissue, skin, heart for heart valves, and/or veins to ensure safe and sufficient supply of tissue products. This is a safety sensitive position.
What you need:
• Associates degree in a life science, certification in surgical technology/medical/paramedical professional is preferred to perform all technical functions of the position and/or equivalent work-related experience. Certified Tissue Banking Specialist (CTBS) preferred.
• Previous tissue recovery experience preferred.
• Previous experience with sterile technique and surgical procedures and knowledge of human anatomy and tissue banking preferred.
• The ability to work effectively with a variety of medical professionals including hospitals, OPO’s, coroners, medical examiners, and funeral homes.
• Self-motivated and possess the ability to meet the requirements of a demanding call schedule required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
What we provide
• Comprehensive and intense training during a minimum 90-day orientation period
• Outstanding benefits
• Competitive pay/call pay after orientation period
• Professional development opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
LifeShare of Oklahoma uses one-way video interviews in the screening process