Location: OK United States
Company Name: Oklahoma County
Occupational Category: 47-2061.00,Construction Laborers
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Summary: The Laborer position is responsible for performing various manual duties on highway construction or paving projects. Also includes mowing or clearing brush along highway or plowing snow from roadways.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs a variety of manual duties as assigned by supervisory personnel, usually working in a utility capacity.
• Transfers materials and equipment from one project to another or from one task to another where demand requires assistance of workers with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision.
• Assists heavy construction equipment operations in aligning and moving equipment.
• Directs truck drivers to dumping position.
• Works on asphalt patching and paving crew, clearing, mowing, boom ax, and tin horn crews.
• Replaces and maintains county road signs.
• Must work within Oklahoma County Safety Policies and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
• Maintains and participates as a team member of the Oklahoma County District 3 Highway Department.
• Serves the county and public in a professional manner as a representative of the Oklahoma County District 3 Highway Department and staff
• Must have ability to satisfactorily operate equipment, as indicated in essential functions section of job description.
• Must have valid Driver's License.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience