Location: Orange Park FL
Company Name: Orange Park Medical Center
Occupational Category: 43-5061.00,Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Orange Park Medical Center is a 317 bed, full-service regional tertiary facility serving Clay County and it's surrounding communities. As part of the HCA family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, Orange Park Medical Center provides the opportunity to develop your career along side more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff. Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines, Orange Park Medical Center is the provider of choice in northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike.
We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued?
We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
WE OFFER YOU A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING: COMPETITIVE PAY, PAID TIME OFF, 401K, MEDICAL, DENTAL VISION AND LIFE INSURANCE, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS AND EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PLAN.
The Med/Surg Registered Nurse RN is responsible for delivering quality patient care for their assigned hospital unit. The quality of care given will be determined by keeping within the philosophy, mission, and values of both the hospital and the Department of Nursing. The Med/Surg Registered Nurse will maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families, and the community.
The Med/Surg Registered Nurse, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, coordinates the "plan of care" activities for assigned patients. The Med/Surg Registered Nurse identifies opportunities to participate in unit performance improvement activities as directed. Responsibilities will include: meeting Joint Commission standards, complying with all state and federal regulations, complying with corporate policy and procedures, managing supplies and equipment, promoting teamwork with physicians and all health care providers, promoting internal and external customer satisfaction, and managing resources appropriately. The Registered Nurse works closely with the Nurse Manager to ensure that all budgetary, Process Improvement, Core Measures and Patient Satisfaction initiatives are achieved.
• PATIENT ASSESSMENT/DOCUMENTATION - Provides and documents patient care based on the nursing process, in compliance with hospital policies and procedures. Plans, delegates, and coordinates the nursing care of assigned patients. Utilizes basic physical and psychosocial assessment skills to identify actual nursing diagnosis/clinical problems based on assessment of patient and unique age specific needs.
• PATIENT RIGHTS - The Registered Nurse will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
• PATIENT SAFETY - Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including: patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
• PATIENT/FAMILY EDUCATION - Provides appropriate patient/family education, per department and hospital policy and procedures.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (required)
• Acceptable degrees from an accredited school include: Diploma Program in Nursing, an Associate Degree in Nursing or a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
• RN License in this state (required)
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
• None for full time and part time staff
• Minimum of 1 year of experience for PRN positions
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1