Location: Pharr TX
Company Name: Live Nation Entertainment
Occupational Category: 15-1134.00,Web Developers
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Who we are.
We're fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just a ticketing and technology platform, we're the dedicated team members who work to enrich lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create and celebrate a culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. That is why we're committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce by fostering a truly inclusive community.
We offer comprehensive health benefits, 401k matching and student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader - with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it's like working at Ticketmaster.
Ticketmaster welcomes and encourages applications from those in communities historically underrepresented in the technology field.
This position will perform full-stack development ultimately focused on one thing: data. This includes constructing data aggregation solutions, ETL's, information pipelines, and AWS/Kubernetes components for a custom contact center reporting suite. In addition to traditional coding familiarity, a high level of database development knowledge is required as part of a true full-stack skillset; the ideal candidate will be able to write complex SQL code and make any needed database additions/modifications while also being able to create the ancillary applications to utilize the output. Also, a strong desire to learn is a must since the position will be required to research and implement new technology and absorb additional coding languages. In a nutshell, if you love data and you love to code, this is the role for you!
What the job is:
• Successfully develop complex database solutions composed of stored procedures and dynamic SQL, with the purpose of outputting data for f/e report consumption.
• Use data science type techniques to extract business value from raw data sources.
• Proactively identify and correct database and other platform issues.
• Be a leader; mentoring, design, team training, and optimization of projects, processes, and solutions.
• Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
• Bachelor's or Associates degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS/IS, or related major.
• Must have strong SQL skills and be able to construct complex data aggregation stored procedures.
• T-SQL or PLSQL mastery is required.
• Demonstrated experience writing SQL code in MySQL, SQL Server, or PostgreSQL.
• Have a genuine desire to learn new, cutting edge technologies and be a change driver within the organization.
• Must be able to independently design and create solutions.
• Must be able to prioritize and productively work on multiple simultaneous projects.
• Ability to be a team player while working within a distributed team of software developers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms