Location: Phoenix AZ
Company Name: APS
Occupational Category: 17-2141.00,Mechanical Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job ID 20200017
As the Engineer III / Senior for Distributed Energy Resources Operations, you will be a part of a growing Distributed Energy Resources Operations and Maintenance (DER O&M) team, consisting of Solar, Energy Storage, Microgrids, and other DER technologies. As the Engineer, you will ensure the reliability and safe operation of renewable technologies and Distributed Energy Resources (DER's) by analyzing technical data, performance and root cause analysis. You will work closely with other internal and external groups and departments to support the vision of the deployment of renewable and DER technologies. You will have the opportunity to enhance department performance and productivity and / or unit performance by analyzing data and recommending improvements. You may be involved with support for simple to complex designs for construction, location and relocation of company facilities for new and existing renewable resources, external customers, state and local governments and internal company engineering, planning and maintenance processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (applicable engineering discipline specific to area of assignment) from an accredited college or university or Professional Engineer designation
• plus five (5) years working experience
• or 9 years equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess comprehensive knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, practices, and methods in the area of individual's discipline.
• Requires Bachelors degree in Engineering (applicable engineering discipline specific to area of assignment)
• plus eight (8) years engineering experience,
• or Professional Engineer designation plus eight (8) years engineering experience
• or 12 years equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
• Must possess in depth knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, applicable codes, standards practices and methods in the area of assigned discipline.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications
• The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in at least one of the following areas: PV Solar, Energy Storage, and Microgrids.
• Preference will be given to candidates with utility scale experience.
• Experience with OSIsoft PI, Maximo, SCADA & controls equipment, a plus.
• Candidate must be forward thinking, self-driven, and able to handle ambiguity.
• Candidate should be organized, able to communicate effectively, and willing to collaborate across multi-disciplinary groups.
Salary and Level will be based upon experience
In this position, you will be accountable for the following:
• Troubleshoot complex equipment failures and collaborate with maintenance team to implement solutions.
• Monitor DER assets to ensure operational efficiency and performance,
• Develop and implement preventative measures for system health and stability.
• Take ownership of appropriate DER assets to ensure departmental performance and operational goals are met.
• Collaborate with contractors and other APS departments to achieve goals.
• May be required to represent interests of DER O&M team during new project development.
• Create processes and procedures as department continues to grow.
• Manage warranty claims submitted to EPC's and Manufacturers.
• Ensure engineering design, project control, schedule commitments, or oversight work is technically sound, cost effective, and in compliance with established standards, codes, and regulations and adequate reliability will be maintained in future years.
• Independently performs moderately complex engineering analyses and establishes baseline performance data on new and existing equipment.
• Maintain knowledge of integrated electrical systems, political climate, economic situation and technical trends and developments among customers & utilities in company marketing area.
• Maintain control of capital and O&M project costs within authorized budgets and assist in their timely implementation or installation. Maintain the highest level of employee and public safety while adhering to Accident Prevention Manual
• May be required to participate in professional associations and educational organizations.
Read the full posting